Jun 04 2013
By: Picollus Monster Hunter 44 posts

Free to play multiplayer ?

6 replies 159 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

My theory of the day !

All multiplayer demo was done in secret presentation/demo.

No leak of multiplayer yet by reviewer!

I bet the game is single player only with free to play downloadable multiplayer !

That would explain why marketing is not based on multiplayer (can advertise what not on BR !)

but singleplayer !

Any thoughts ?

Message 1 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Free to play multiplayer ?

Jun 4, 2013

What are you talking about!

Its not going to be like UC3 MP!

It will be shipped with the game!

It wont be a seperate download!

Message 2 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

I know, I just try to justify why the no-news about "Great MP" from a game 1 week from release

Make no sense to me !

Marketing guy need to be fired !

Message 3 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 4, 2013

That was just PR... Besides he's not "the market guy", he's the lead artist.

Message 4 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I meant fire the marketing guy who decided not to present multiplayer component of the game

In a meeting, someone got a great Idead «Why not hide 50% of the game to customer»
Message 5 of 7 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Well, I don't know why, it's probably because the MP is just a bonus, even if it's trash, it's not suppsosed to affect you buying the game, it wouldn't with me. If it's great, cool, decent, okay, trash okay, I don't care. The SP is what I'm buying it for and the SP will be great.

Message 6 of 7 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jun 4, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Well, I don't know why, it's probably because the MP is just a bonus, even if it's trash, it's not suppsosed to affect you buying the game, it wouldn't with me. If it's great, cool, decent, okay, trash okay, I don't care. The SP is what I'm buying it for and the SP will be great.

Precisely this. They don't want you to base your purchase on the multiplayer, just like movie studios don't want viewers to base their DVD purchases on bonus features/deleted scenes. They'll say they have them, but they won't show much because they want to sell the product by its original merit. 

That, and look how much crap has been brought up about this game due to the multiplayer preview today. "LISTEN MODE!? **bleep**? WHERE'S THE INFECTED?! WHY ISN'T THERE COOP?! THE SHOOTING SUCKS!" I mean, people never bash a singleplayer until they play it. People bash multiplayer without a second thought., and this creates negatively publicity faster than any singleplayer marketing does.

I'm looking forward to everything, though. The multiplayer is a very nice bonus for me Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes