Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: From Joel to Joker.

Jul 31, 2013

No one knows he's "Delsin Rowe" in inFAMOUS Second Son?

He's a punk teen that has hese super powers and wants to show the world he means something because his older brother is like the star of the family(hence Second Son).  

You guys should check it out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 11 of 16 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

He's a punk teen that has hese super powers and wants to show the world he means something because his older brother is like the star of the family(hence Second Son).  

I do know, I'm looking forward to that game a lot, and Troy Baker is doing a remarkable job as Delsin as well Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

I did know about that, but one thing that I noticed was that most inFamous-games seem so similar. I mean, you have different types of powers, yes, but they all seem to serve the same purpose without much difference to be honest... inFamous 2 had different types of attacks which was good, though.

But it will be good if inFamous: Second Son will have different types of powers with power duplication (like Peter Petrelli in Heroes, lol) or such, like I heard in YouTube.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 13 of 16 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 31, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

He won't be ask good as Mark Hamill that's for sure, but he is doing a good job as the Joker.

Did you see the Arkham Origins trailer when he actually talks as Joker? He sounds identical to Hamil.

I have heard a better one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVEGVa_SWNg

He does that extremley well, but he can't steady his voice. And Joker, doesn't roll his R's.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 14 of 16 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 1, 2013

I mean not so much the voice acting, but the acting as a whole.  Don't forget, he's playing the Joker as a whole: they just change his apperance in the game.

Just like with Joel, its almost like he invented the perfect character of the post acapoliptic survivor turned maybe hero or villian (depending on many interpretations).

Mark's Joker was your perfect characature of the Joker, but Troy is really going to display the whole persona of the Joker: many things we would not expect, but will always fit.  We will learn more who the Joker really is, and make him all the more interesting.

I think it will be a similar impact we had with Heath Ledger.

Message 15 of 16 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Aug 1, 2013

loakum wrote:

Baker has some incredible range with his voice acting. Even for the character of Joel! In their story trailer, I would had never guessed it was Joel who said, "it got everything to do with that little girl".  That didn't even sound like Joel. I thought that was some much older dude talking, until I finally played that scene, when the game was released.

I thought the exact same thing, I was pretty surprised that it was Joel who said that when I watched the cutscene.

Message 16 of 16 (192 Views)
0 Likes