Jul 31 2013
By: Jovencitogringo Splicer 65 posts

From Joel to Joker.

15 replies 418 views Edited Jul 31, 2013

Troy Baker is becoming quite the star amogst us.  His Joel performance was absolutly phenomenal; non replaceble.  

Now, Joker is got to be nothing like Joel.

What do you all think about him being the new Joker?  I think, after such a stunning performance here, that he's going to be even better than Mark Hamil.

Message 1 of 16 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Re: From Joel to Joker.

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

Troy Baker can do anything. he can even sing and play guitar.   I'm sure he'll be a great joker.

Message 2 of 16 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 31, 2013
He has a very unique voice. He's earned my respect from going to Joel, to Joker.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 3 of 16 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Baker has some incredible range with his voice acting. Even for the character of Joel! In their story trailer, I would had never guessed it was Joel who said, "it got everything to do with that little girl".  That didn't even sound like Joel. I thought that was some much older dude talking, until I finally played that scene, when the game was released.

Message 4 of 16 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

Jovencitogringo wrote:

Troy Baker is becoming quite the star amogst us.  His Joel performance was absolutly phenomenal; non replaceble.  

Now, Joker is got to be nothing like Joel.

What do you all think about him being the new Joker?  I think, after such a stunning performance here, that he's going to be even better than Mark Hamil.

I doubt he will be better than Hamill to be honest. Hamill was a bloody legend as the Joker (and Luke Skywalker) but I do believe Troy will do a very good job as Joker, and definitely won't let down as him.

Troy Baker's a new Nolan North, :smileyhappy:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 5 of 16 (345 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jul 31, 2013

He won't be ask good as Mark Hamill that's for sure, but he is doing a good job as the Joker.

Message 6 of 16 (337 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 31, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

He won't be ask good as Mark Hamill that's for sure, but he is doing a good job as the Joker.

Did you see the Arkham Origins trailer when he actually talks as Joker? He sounds identical to Hamil.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 7 of 16 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 31, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Did you see the Arkham Origins trailer when he actually talks as Joker? He sounds identical to Hamil.

Weeuuuuuklkskdgnvskfvajv not identical.... I mean, Hamil just has a soft spot in our hearts you know... but I know that Troy Baker will do the role justice for sure.

Message 8 of 16 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 31, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Weeuuuuuklkskdgnvskfvajv not identical.... I mean, Hamil just has a soft spot in our hearts you know... but I know that Troy Baker will do the role justice for sure.

Bwah, must be the fanboy in me :smileyvery-happy: I think he sounds pretty **bleep** good though.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 9 of 16 (313 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jul 31, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I have heard a better one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVEGVa_SWNg

Message 10 of 16 (294 Views)
0 Likes