Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Full Amazon Trailer | Red Band Trailer

Apr 4, 2013

I like gore it just seems difficult to really pull off. Too much will break the immersion IMO and too little will d the same. The right ammount in order to be disturbing yet not too over the top is something I haven't seen done too often. Maybe I'm just desensitized. TLoU seems to be rockin' that balance though.

Message 71 of 79 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Yeah like it the story trailer where a bomb blows off the Infected's legs. That's awesome! Btw, I wonder if we will use a machete in the game and if so will we be able to chop off heads or limbs from the hunters and infected. Smiley Surprised

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 72 of 79 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I'm guessing we cannot play with a machete. I think only Bill can use one in normal gameplay and perhaps also Joel, but only in cutscenes.

I think easily deteriorating machetes would be particularly weird.

Message 73 of 79 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 5, 2013
If we got a machete it would probably only be for a short time in the game so it's not overpowered or whatnot.
Message 74 of 79 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Maybe they can use a machete as an unlockable, overpowered, and unbreakable weapon in SP as an unlock for beating the game on the highest difficulty. Like the king of melee weapons in the game. That would be cool. 

Message 75 of 79 (140 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 5, 2013

^ Exactly. I'd like to use a machete

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 76 of 79 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Oh most def. You know for sure the kills with it will be slicing off heads. Bill is already looking like a bada** with his machete. The awesomeness behind it just fills me with joy. Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 79 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

You guys keep saying to make and keep this game as realistic as possible... are you really considering that a machete should only appear in cutscenes and as an overpowered weapon, or only used by allies?

If I were in an apocalypse, the first thing I would do would be start looking for a knife of that size... C'mon, it's the perfect tool for surviving: you kill people, you kill infected, and you get meat from your hunts. If anything, it should be on Joel's inventory from the beggining!

Also, if Bill dies, wouldn't you take it? Or even kill him just to take it?

Regarding overpowerness, fighting against survivors, it should be pretty ballanced. You've got a gun, few bullets and a goddamn machete; they've got guns, numbers and who knows, their own machetes. Against infected, good luck trying to slice a clicker's head off! Smiley Happy

No, it's not overpowered. Yes, it would be the most realistic and logical choice of weapon to carry around. For all who thinks the machete should be a commom weapon, say I! I! Smiley Very Happy

Message 78 of 79 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Some concept art...

64615_247866825303251_1612539343_n.jpg

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 79 of 79 (86 Views)