Dec 8, 2013
That was total BS.
Message 11 of 30 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Re: GTAV won GOTY @ VGX Awards

Dec 8, 2013

As much as I liked GTA V (And even that is not as much as I hoped I would), I agree The Last of Us should have won. 

Message 12 of 30 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Aldro wrote:
The biggest factor to why TLOU was better than GTAV, is because of the writing. GTAV is in your face with Trevor and all the characters. TLOU is far more subtle and belivable.

There are other things too like the narration and overall story being rather meh in GTAV (but hey, you can drive over people!).

True shame because when you look back on this year or generation: You won't think about GTAV. Hell when GTAVI comes out, GTAV will just be tossed aside because the games are generally the same games just bigger and better.

TLOU on the other hand is the game we'll look to when it comes to borderline masterful writing and conveying that in a believable world where your actions are well incorporated to the overall story as well.

Such a **bleep** shame.

Spot on. In the long run, say 5 or 10 years time I'm certain that TLOU will be acknowleged as one of the most important and influential games of this gen. I'm not sure people will say the same about GTA5. Awards like this will mean nothing then.

Message 13 of 30 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Dec 8, 2013

A sequel is one thing, because sometimes a second try of a game can bring a lot to the table, but otherwise I hate when any game in a series wins an award.  Unless it happens to be spectacularly innovative comapred to it's sibling games.

What more did GTAV bring to the table that any of the other GTA games missed?  Practically nothing, except a better a prettier display to play the same game within.  It's preposterous that such a game should be nominated for anything.  The same could be said about the Madden series, the CoD series, of the Assassin's Creed series.  They are merely repeats of the same gameplay.

Meanwhile, games like TLoU are extremely original, bringing an entirely new world to our fingertips.  It's not that I'm particularly upset about TLoU not winning, but more so about GTAV even being considered.  I would be a lot more accepting if Bioshock Infinite had won.  I know that's a third title in a series, but it doesn't feel like the same **bleep** game.

Message 14 of 30 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

I feel so betrayed so violated TLOU is without a doubt the BEST game EVER made for the PS3 and to get robbed by VGX was just a farce. I'm so mad I could chew nails and spit out a barred wire fence as my grandfather used to say. It just goes to prove it's not what you known it's WHO you known and obviously the GTA people known the right people and will do anything to win as they loaded the voting board with their own people......What a joke those voting should be neutral and have NO connection or loyalties to ANY gaming companies.

Message 15 of 30 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

Anyone who feels robbed, contribute to this blog by finding sites that give GOTY to TLOU and post it so the admin can add them :smileyhappy:

(There are guidelines though, not ANY site is added. They have to have some weight and a past history of doing reviews/awards and so forth. But yeah just add them and he'll let you know if its valid or not.)

http://gotypicks.blogspot.se/

Message 16 of 30 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Yep, pretty upsetting. But hey, the whole VGX has been absolutely CRAP!! The hosts were just so awful and kept on interupting the developers for lame **bleep** jokes....

I'm mostly a Playstation fan... but wow, did you see how the hosts treated Reggie (president of nintendo I believe)? I feel so hollow after watching it.

young beard signature
Message 17 of 30 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

I feel so betrayed so violated TLOU is without a doubt the BEST game EVER made for the PS3 and to get robbed by VGX was just a farce. I'm so mad I could chew nails and spit out a barred wire fence as my grandfather used to say. It just goes to prove it's not what you known it's WHO you known and obviously the GTA people known the right people and will do anything to win as they loaded the voting board with their own people......What a joke those voting should be neutral and have NO connection or loyalties to ANY gaming companies.

Lol drama queen much? Calm down you **bleep** fanboy, you act like the sky has caught fire....

Message 18 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

Except I'm NOT a fanboy….I am in fact a fangirl lol. I'm just discussed that a contest that is support to be considered fair is really rigged and the truly best game didn't get the reconition it deserved.

Message 19 of 30 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 9, 2013

The panel was so full of xbots Sony was lucky a Ps3 game won Ps3 game of the year.

Message 20 of 30 (142 Views)
0 Likes