Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: GTAV won GOTY @ VGX Awards

Dec 9, 2013

Well, it sucks that it isn't game of the year.

It really deserved Game of the Year.  However, i haven't played GTA5 and i am not going to play it.    I am actually not a real gamer. There was just one game that i finnished more than once in my life (I'M more of a movie person really).    

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
862 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

In all honesty though, ND being studio of the year makes no sense unless they made you know.. the best game.

ND was up for TLOU and Rockstar was up for GTA => ND won for Studio of the Year, GTA won for Game of the Year.

Best PS3 Game? GTAV and TLOU were both nominated, TLOU won.

So weird :smileytongue: I guess they just wanted to please everyone and put a multiplatform winner for GOTY?

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Aldro wrote:

So weird :smileytongue: I guess they just wanted to please everyone and put a multiplatform winner for GOTY?

You got it.  That's one of the many reasons why VGX awards are a joke.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Dec 10, 2013

THE LAST OF US WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!How the hell does it win ps3 goty ,studio of the year ,actor and actress of the yr and gta only wins soundtrack of the yr , i mean hell it didnt even win xbox game of the year! And every1 im sure has seen that The last of us was the highest rated game worldwide of alltime with a 9.9!!!Ive never heard ne1 say gta5 was the best game ever almost every1 i talk to including myself all say T.L.O.U is byfar the greatest game ive ever played HANDSDOWN PERIOD!!!!I mean seriouly Im a mans man but the first 5 mins of the game had me hooked and almost in tears I NEVER STOOD A CHANCE!!!!GTA5 was a huge game but i couldnt imagine playing thru again mayb a few missions thats it,Ive beaten Last of us 9 times and 4 of them have been of survivor + just bcuz i was sooo hooked on the feels of absolute desperation when u have 1 bullet for your 38 snub ,1 arrow ,and 0 health and u gotta stealth thru 10 walkers preying u dont make a sound,or when u turn the generator on and ur hoping u have ur only 2 nail bombs in the right spot to weaken the bloater and seekers so u can get to the key door w a half a chance to make it thru the hunters 5mins after.**bleep** I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!!I wish they could port it over to ps4 right now bcuz i miss it sooooooo much!!!!

And finally Im sorry Last of us may not have your popular 5+ boss battles a game but, DAvid vs Ellie easily goes down as one of if not the greatest boss battle ever and I loved how it blanked out the voices and panned away only showing the handle THATS HOW NAUGHTY DOG ROLLS!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 10, 2013

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

I'm not surprised.  Rockstar games always overhyped and a bit overrated imo.  I really liked gta 5. it was def better than gta4, but I liked The Last of us much more. 

I knew last of us wouldn't have a shot against a game like gta. GTA4 has like a 98 metacritic rating.  Imo that game was trash, and a lot of people disliked it that i know.  Goes to show how much the gaming sites overrate GTA games

I was one of the people who was hyped up for GTA 4 and even I'll admit that they made the wrong choice with putting Niko as the lead. He was so wishy washy as a lead character. I'm a killer, but I regret killing and so on and so forth. With GTA 5, I liked the single player and it was interesting to see three lead characters with the ability to switch between them. But in no way should GTA V have won GOTY.

The Last Of Us is one of only a few games to elicit an actual emotional response out of me. I'm not going to spoil it for those who may not have played the game yet, but it was a scene very early on that did it to me. :-X

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

tomtix wrote:

dark_doc wrote:

**bleep** it!    This day is full of disappointments.

Indeed, I already thinking of selling GTAV because there's no point to playing it.

GTAV

Story: Don't want to play it again.

Characters: Trevor is good for a bit of madness. (Although Sheogerath from the Elder scrolls series truly makes me enjoy his speech more than Trevor saying "FUCIKGN **bleep**!")

Multiplayer: You need friends to enjoy it.

Environment: I wasn't sucked in that much, I liked New york though like in GTAIV. 

Graphics: Surely, they are good so no contest here.

Last of us

Story: Replaying it now.

Charcters: Joel and Ellie were like a life-long lesson, to keep to my very heart nice and warm.

Multiplayer: Holy hell, I don't even need friends to enjoy multiplayer!

Environment: PLaying through it again, I just got sucked in the moment of the environment with a sense that I feel like I'm actually there. It's rare that games do that and Last of us just does multiple of times.

Graphics: Better than my fully modded Skyrim on the PC.

Conclusion:

GTAV 6/10- I would da sold it if it weren't for my friends.

Last of us: 11/10-No reason to say, it's easily game of the century for me or... hopefully, Series of the Century.

Your post makes several references to you not having friends and that has made me sad.  

OT:  I loved both games.  GTA V is absolutely deserving of the acclaim and awards it gets, as they're all subjective.  Yes, I believe TLOU is a superior game in every way, but GTA V was an amazing game, especially coming off the banality and disappointment of GTA IV.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 10, 2013

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

Aldro wrote:

You got it.  That's one of the many reasons why VGX awards are a joke.

Geoff Keighley is the biggest reason why VGX are a joke.  Guy was bought and paid for by M$ a long time ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Dec 10, 2013

They were really trying to please everyone.

I mean, how could The Lats of Us beat GTA5 in "The Best PS3 Game" but loose against it in Game of The Year?

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

They were really trying to please everyone. I, how c...

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Dec 10, 2013

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed Assassin's Creed 4 more than GTA5. AC4 just has a completely different feel compared to previous AC games. I felt GTA5 was very similar to previous GTAs.... just a bit bigger. Same thing for TLOU. Very unique when compared to other games. At least AC4 and TLOU have functional online components....

young beard signature
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (47 Views)
0 Likes