Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: Phillyblunz Treasure Hunter 8168 posts

Game too easy!! Request for new toggle option

[ Edited ]
8 replies 239 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

Hey guys, I bought TLUO on release and been loving the game thus far.

In general the game is not too easy i refer more to the way pickups do not require you to use the flashlight to find them, its just a little annoying in such an immersive world to know you can turn off the light and find things easier in pitch black areas?  Error, Error, Does not compute.

I do have a problem with the way pick ups are displayed, let me explain.

When walking through a dark area you would think the flashlight would make it easier to find things, this is wrong.

The best idea in a dark area is to turn off the flashlight and all the pickups shine brightly like beacons of light.

I was really digging searching around the levels and examining the environment with the flashlight but when the game discourages this I say something is fundamentally wrong here.

Please add a toggle in the options to turn off pickup shine.  Once selected the pickups would only shine when exposed to light wether natural or via the flashlight.

Currently I feel like I need to pick up everything and then look around with the flashlight to enjoy the immense detail the level provide.  Someone spent time making these levels for us to enjoy and the light emission from the pickups is killing it for me.

What say you community?  Are you a yay or a nay on this one?

P.S.  Let me turn off the tutorial hints!!!!!   Or can anyone tell me if on the second play through you can turn off the tutorial hints?

P.P.S. If possible I would also be totally happy if I could turn off the on screen notifyers for pickups and doors which can be opened, is this part of the tutorial hints?

Cheers all, and here is to TLOU having a long run with a great community!!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (239 Views)
I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Re: Request for new toggle option

Jun 20, 2013

Word.

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Jun 20, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

Word.

Thats I yay if i am not mistaken.

Thanx

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Am I the only one who noticed this?

Come on guys you cant really be down with this level of hand holding in such a game.

Its survival horror, with hand holding????   I mean to take nothing from those who want/need help, I just want the option to disable the crutches and hand holding.

Full immersion mode would be great, thanx.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jun 20, 2013

The game is a little easy, in general. Hard was ok at key points, and even though Survival takes Listening mode away, the AI is gonna more or less act the same way each playthrough, so an experienced gamer will be able to anticipate this aspect

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jun 20, 2013
I think noone really cares enough about this issue to make a fuss...much less a post about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I can turn off the Tutorial Hints and stuff under Options -> Game , I'm on NG+ but I'm not sure if it was there the entire time or if it was just put there this walkthrough you'll have to check. For the item glowing thing - It's not like its as bright as the sun, if it was how you put it everyone would have 100% collectibles on their first playthrough.

photo 3698b475-70ce-4623-afd5-3c7b0a17e81d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Jun 20, 2013

CFC_Hero wrote:

I can turn off the Tutorial Hints and stuff under Options -> Game , I'm on NG+ but I'm not sure if it was there the entire time or if it was just put there this walkthrough you'll have to check. For the item glowing thing - It's not like its as bright as the sun, if it was how you put it everyone would have 100% collectibles on their first playthrough.

How so?  Objects in light areas are not so obvious, its the dark areas man.

I walk around with my flashlight then notice in areas where it should be pitch black a shining beacon calling me over.

I am saying the objects should only shine if there is already liht shining on them.

When i enter a pitch black room with my flashlight on the objects are not easily found as everything is illuminated, when I turn the light off all I can see on my screen is every single pickup in the room.

There is still the objects which are hidden away which many players wont find.  You would still have every single pickup in well lit areas that require you to actually find them, I just want the same collection problems in the dark areas.

The flashlight should be required in dark areas, not a disadvantage.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Jun 20, 2013

CFC_Hero wrote:

I can turn off the Tutorial Hints and stuff under Options -> Game , I'm on NG+ but I'm not sure if it was there the entire time or if it was just put there this walkthrough you'll have to check. 

What did turning off tutorial hints do?  Did you try it?  Hopefully removed the on screen prompts for opening doors and item pickups?

On the first play through you can not turn tutorial hints off.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (179 Views)
0 Likes