Fender Bender
2477 posts

Re: Gameplay question

Jun 14, 2013

@ Mr. Enn Tea:

I have some good news, and I have some bad news.

Bad news: there is no option to set aiming preference to left/right shoulder. no surprise there.  Smiley Sad

Good news: when you aim (starting out over right shoulder), you can press R2 to aim over your left shoulder. no suprise here either. 

But it gets better: Say you are posted up by cover, and want to aim over your left shoulder, by the left side of your cover. When you aim, press R2, you aim over your left shoulder. Now, if you stop aiming, and either remain still or only move 1-2 meters side to side, you will keep aiming over your left shoulder upon re-pressing L1 to aim.

So, ND kinda made it "automatic" to remeber your shoulder, provided to you dont run around in between pressing L1 to aim. The game only "remembers" your aiming shoulder if you sit still, or only strafe left and right slightly.

Its clearly not the controls we expect from premier shooters like my beloved MGS, but, its something.

Note: I have only tried this in SP, not MP.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 41 of 44 (164 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013
Thanks man. I bought the game first day, i do for all naughty dog products. That actually helps a lot more than i thought it would, but i havent played it online yet and i bet it still sucks online. This is essentially the duct tape approach to fixing the problem. I dont understand why they don't just add an option. Naughty Dog seems like theyre religiously opposed to adding shooter options to their game. I do not understand it.

So..they didnt solve my problem, but i really doubt that this addition to the aim mode would have been made had I not been complaining so loudly for so long. So, at least i can say that they listened. Kinda.

Now i need to just start **bleep** about how the lack of shooter options are a huge detriment to this game.
Message 42 of 44 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Jul 14, 2015
Bump
Message 43 of 44 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4617 posts

Jul 14, 2015

This thread is now locked to prevent further necrobumping. If you wish to continue this discussion, please start a new thread about this topic. Click here for more information on the Rules of Conduct - SpicyGoose19

Message 44 of 44 (78 Views)
0 Likes