Message 12 of 44 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Gameplay question

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

EnnTea wrote:
Exactly. People are different. I mean, you're really, really wrong about that. But you have the right to be wrong. Thats why there needs to be an option. Ive been wanting this is uc2, and they keep ignoring me. I wanna find out who made the decision to stick the camera on the right and frame him for possession of cocaine and then take a poop on his patio.

How am I wrong? I just prefer right shoulder default. You do realise that the right shoulder is the standard in ALL 3rd person shooters... right?

I didn't suppose saying they should have an option in the options menu would be "wrong".

@Da_Almighty_Guy

You can shoulder switch by pressing R2. It defaults back to right shoulder like in Uncharted though.

However, it is slightly different than Uncharted in that you have to take 2-3 steps for it to switch back to right shoulder, unlike Uncharted where it would switch back right away. In TLoU, if you stand still or aim again quickly enough, you'll still be aiming over your left shoulder.

Message 13 of 44 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Its actually scientifically proven to be better if it stays over whatever shoulder you were on last. Thats all youre wrong about, though. Youre dead on about needing an option.

Message 14 of 44 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

EnnTea wrote:
Its actually scientifically proven to be better if it stays over whatever shoulder you were on last. Thats all youre wrong about, though. Youre dead on about needing an option.

I'd like to see these "scientific tests" Smiley Tongue

Like I said before, I do like to switch shoulders occasionally to get a better shot around a wall, but then I want it to be back over my right shoulder. Manually switching back to my right shoulder every time is tedious.

Btw, did you see the bottom of my last post? It's not exactly a fix but it's something:

"However, it is slightly different than Uncharted in that you have to take 2-3 steps for it to switch back to right shoulder, unlike Uncharted where it would switch back right away. In TLoU, if you stand still or aim again quickly enough, you'll still be aiming over your left shoulder."

Message 15 of 44 (320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013
I did see that. Thats kinda better. I wish i had been there at the meeting when they decided on that.

"Hey, how about we put a half-**bleep** fix in instead of adding an option in the gameplay settings menu?"

I mean, come on, i didnt even have to go to school to know that there needs to be an option for that kind of stuff to suit everybody's needs. Im definitely framing this **bleep**.
Message 16 of 44 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I can't believe this is even a problem and you're taking it SO seriously, even going as far to say that there is science to prove you right. lmao.

sig.png

Message 17 of 44 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

YA **bleep** DIRTY BRONIES!

Sure is Eyecue/Mildoo in here. Smiley Wink

I approve of I-Like-Pie-45's message. We're still puzzled as to why people bring up that goddamn ND fanboy mildoo when they speak of the illustrious EyeCue86. All we have in common with him is our hatred of the sick bronies. EyeCue86 is the true trailblazer of the Internet Forumer Master Race.PS4 Master Race

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 18 of 44 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

Everyone needs to chill out, there isnt an option but you can swap shoulders with r2 while aiming.

Thank you, PicnicViking for my amazing sig (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 44 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Thats not even what we are talking about, mclovin.

Also, psilowhatever, shut the hell up. Its a big deal whether youre smart enough to realize it or not.
Message 20 of 44 (279 Views)
0 Likes