Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 15 2013
By: playeraj09 First Son 3 posts

Grainy Graphics Issue

3 replies 475 views Edited Jun 15, 2013
So everywhere I go online I read about The Last Of Us having amazing, cutting edge graphics. But when I've played, the graphics have been very average at best. They are very grainy and unsharp. And the lighting has not even looked very good.

This is not what I expected at all, and I don't know what to make of it. As far as I can tell, I have no issues with other games or my TV. I'm playing on a 720p TV that I've had for a while. And these graphics look significantly worse than any of the Uncharted games, that I played on the same TV. I'm not really sure what to make of it, and it's starting to take away from my gameplay experience & really bother me. In the meantime I'm going to try a different HDMI cord, as well as trying it on a different TV, etc.

Has anybody else had any similar issues?
Message 1 of 4 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Re: Grainy Graphics Issue

Jun 15, 2013

playeraj09 wrote:
So everywhere I go online I read about The Last Of Us having amazing, cutting edge graphics. But when I've played, the graphics have been very average at best. They are very grainy and unsharp. And the lighting has not even looked very good.

This is not what I expected at all, and I don't know what to make of it. As far as I can tell, I have no issues with other games or my TV. I'm playing on a 720p TV that I've had for a while. And these graphics look significantly worse than any of the Uncharted games, that I played on the same TV. I'm not really sure what to make of it, and it's starting to take away from my gameplay experience & really bother me. In the meantime I'm going to try a different HDMI cord, as well as trying it on a different TV, etc.

Has anybody else had any similar issues?

time for you to get a better tv (or have your tv checked by a technician), because the graphics are crisp, and increidbly detailed.

Message 2 of 4 (463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Thats just the thing though, I haven't noticed any issues with other games. I just tried playing it on a different TV & different PS3. This one is a very high quality, 1080p, the whole works, etc. the game looked just as average, if not worse. I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or what? I mean this doesn't seem to me like it could be an issue with the disc could it?
Message 3 of 4 (446 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I play with an SDTV, the game looks surprisingly amazing. I would go as far to say the game has the best character model and lighting on consoles.

Message 4 of 4 (435 Views)
0 Likes