Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: (HELP) Neil Druckmann

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote
They have things like game with developers night. Its all MP and you play with the developers for a couple of hour

Oh well, i'm not actually from America so i guess that's not going to work...hmm

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 11 of 33 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: , thank you so much!Re: (HELP) Neil Druckmann

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

HPVale wrote:

Oh god, thank you so much! I went to ND's contact info and i read somewhere near their adress 'please don't send us game ideas'. I was really hoping to mail them something. I will dig out a way!...

Druckmann's too busy swimming in cash to read your mail Smiley Tongue

Yeah well maybe i can make him more money Smiley Wink

The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 12 of 33 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Skaggz1 wrote:

Well I could give you his phone number but I dont think he would be to pleased about that. Sorry. Try sening him some fan mail? Smiley Wink

Buahaha, this guy...

"Yeah, I'm cool. I got a famous guy's number, but you're not cool enough to have it. I am, though. Sorry."

Makes me laugh when people have to try so hard.

sig.png

Message 13 of 33 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Jul 26, 2013

HPVale wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

HPVale wrote:

Oh god, thank you so much! I went to ND's contact info and i read somewhere near their adress 'please don't send us game ideas'. I was really hoping to mail them something. I will dig out a way!...

Druckmann's too busy swimming in cash to read your mail Smiley Tongue

You really are obsessed aren't you? He's not the only person that made this game. Think of the coders, programmers, designers, etc......

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 14 of 33 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

You really are obsessed aren't you? He's not the only person that made this game. Think of the coders, programmers, designers, etc......

No i'm not obsessed, i'm excited! Besides i'm a shy person and normally i don't talk to people who are a big deal. But i just have to now. You ever had that feeling of excitement of wanting to do something? It's something like that!Smiley Happy

And no, Neil didn't create the game, the whole team did and it's too bad that he and Bruce get all the credit. But Neil is the one with the creative writing idea so he's the on to talk to!

Message 15 of 33 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 26, 2013

HPVale wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

No i'm not obsessed, i'm excited! Besides i'm a shy person and normally i don't talk to people who are a big deal. But i just have to now. You ever had that feeling of excitement of wanting to do something? It's something like that!Smiley Happy

And no, Neil didn't create the game, the whole team did and it's too bad that he and Bruce get all the credit. But Neil is the one with the creative writing idea so he's the on to talk to!

Maybe you'll finally check your "private messages  " huh? Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 33 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 26, 2013

@HPVale

Contacting developers to try and pitch a game idea is a horrible idea.

1) They get this a lot. That is why you will notice developers put the "Don't contact us just to pitch a game" note on their contacts.

2) They will not listen to you. (those messages will get deleted in a hurry.)

3) Like many other devs will say, the best route to go is making the game yourself, not trying to pitch it to someone and ask them to make it.

I'm not meaning to shoot down your hope/dream, I'm just giving you some friendly advice to prevent you from potential hurtbreak / disappointment.

Tip: Build a team of like-minded individuals and try to develop the game yourself.

PS4 and Xbox One will support indies, so your hopes of getting a game published on home consoles is closer than before.

Or if all else fails, just make it available on PC.

Heck, you could try a "Kickstarter" compaign too.

Good luck Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 17 of 33 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 26, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

@HPVale

1) They get this a lot. That is why you will notice developers put the "Don't contact us just to pitch a game" note on their contacts.

3) Like many other devs will say, the best route to go is making the game yourself, not trying to pitch it to someone and ask them to make it.

I'm not meaning to shoot down your hope/dream, I'm just giving you some friendly advice to prevent you from potential hurtbreak / disappointment.

Tip: Build a team of like-minded individuals and try to develop the game yourself.

PS4 and Xbox One will support indies, so your hopes of getting a game published on home consoles is closer than before.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Hey thanks for all the help! But i'm not trying to publish a game! Yeah i know about them writing "don't send us game ideas". But it's ND who says that not Neil. I just want him to read a story i wrote that's it! My idea of something. I'm not asking him to publish it or make a game. If he just commented on it, let me know if he likes it that's enough for me! I would really be honored.

Message 18 of 33 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Just keep tweeting him you would like his opinion on a story you wrote. But in all honesty its not likely he will respond. I doubt his checks his mentions on a regular basis, but its worth a try. Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 33 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

HPVale wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

@HPVale

Good luck Smiley Happy

Hey thanks for all the help! But i'm not trying to publish a game! Yeah i know about them writing "don't send us game ideas". But it's ND who says that not Neil. I just want him to read a story i wrote that's it! My idea of something. I'm not asking him to publish it or make a game. If he just commented on it, let me know if he likes it that's enough for me! I would really be honored.

Ahhh, okay. Well one of your previous posts:

HPVale wrote:

Gave the impression that you were trying to pitch / sell him something.

The thing about unsolicited material, is that most people in the business / a position to "steal" it will not read it.

That way they can avoid a possible lawsuit.

This advice was given to me by Wes Craven.

When he explained it to me, years ago, it made sense and I understood where he was coming from.

I know the video game and movie industry and different, but not completely.

This rule can still apply.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 20 of 33 (211 Views)
0 Likes