Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 14 2013
By: XxbulletkillaxX Lombax Warrior 125 posts

HOW THE LAST OF US SHOULD HAVE ENDED

15 replies 592 views Edited Oct 14, 2013

~during the moments before you rescure ellie~

you hear screams coming from the room where the surgery is happening......

you run in and open the door, only to see the surgeons dead on the floor......

AND THERE IT IS

The infection had finally taken over ellies body, you wacth her slowly but surely walk to you, (she still looks human, but her eye's.....her eye's) as she makes her little screams that sound almost human. Then you get to make the choice between getting your gun and shooting her or letting her live and the boom, after five seconds of deciding what you are going to do the picture of the last of us shows up. The End.

NOW

I'd like to know what you would do if the ending were like this, shoot her or leave her alive.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (592 Views)
Naughty Host
8530 posts

Re: HOW THE LAST OF US SHOULD HAVE ENDED

Oct 14, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (589 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I realize that your morals get tried in the real ending and such, but..... I find that it is to easy to try morals of a person, which was nice about this game. How they made the person feel how the character feel (a little or a lot), but why not have an extreme explosion of emotions nearing the end. feeling the exact emotion of loss and integrity being destroyed on the inside as you almost cry while doing the task of killing this loved one, and finally feeling the feeling of loss.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Oct 14, 2013
What a fun scenario!

I'd personally like it even more if you had five seconds to make your choice, and then you've either taken the shot in that time, or Ellie bites into your neck. If you take the shot you just barely see Ellie react and began to crumple, and if Ellie bites you see her pull strands of flesh up for a moment.

Either way, as soon as one or the other happens, the screen goes black and then the title comes up. It would be gripping and probably unbearable. (I'm also imaging Joel overhearing a scream from down the hall and saying to himself as he runs closer, "That a girl, hold 'me off just a few more seconds." This would give the player less of a clue of what they are about to face.)

I would probably take the shot, I'm sorry to say. As much as I fell in love with Ellie, I also love Joel, and my instincts of preservation would kick in. As I imagine Joel's would, btw, except that he may end up doing as Henry did after the fact. In fact, hearing a second gunshot as the title is shown could be a great effect, because while we wouldn't know for sure what it was, it'd be easy to guess.

Thanks XxbulletkillaxX, you've got my mind working like crazy now ^^
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Oct 14, 2013

XxbulletkillaxX wrote:

~during the moments before you rescure ellie~

you hear screams coming from the room where the surgery is happening......

you run in and open the door, only to see the surgeons dead on the floor......

AND THERE IT IS

The infection had finally taken over ellies body, you wacth her slowly but surely walk to you, (she still looks human, but her eye's.....her eye's) as she makes her little screams that sound almost human. Then you get to make the choice between getting your gun and shooting her or letting her live and the boom, after five seconds of deciding what you are going to do the picture of the last of us shows up. The End.

NOW

I'd like to know what you would do if the ending were like this, shoot her or leave her alive.

Hmmmmm.....

(SPOILERS OF WALKING DEAD)

I would tie Ellie up and store her in a safehouse because she's still in there, and i wouldn't have the guts to lose another daughter in the role of Joel.

The call for a companion in a post-apocalypse is needed in order to survive and die together with.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Oct 16, 2013
I already said it was ending with in 5 seconds, and I wouldn't say she was going to bite him, I would feel like instead of her running and hitting you, she would just mumble and moan as she slowly made her way to you, and then you can just choose to shoot her or leave her, but I find this is much better
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Oct 16, 2013

Prett good ending.  I would personally hate it because I like Ellie and wouldn't want that to happen to her. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13351 posts

Oct 16, 2013

If this ending was in fact in the game I'd have shot Ellie. Can't let her go walk around as an infected. Good idea though. I really didn't like the original ending. Sacrificing all of humanity for one person? But it's a tough choice and if I was Joel I'd have probably done the same thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

Interesting... but would have been a little too cliche. I like how Naughty Dog did it. Everyone was expecting either Ellie or Joel to buy the farm by the end of the game. That surprisingly didn't happen... but it did end with some mystery and morals playing tricks on your mind.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16257 posts

Oct 17, 2013
Shoot her in the face.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (388 Views)
0 Likes