Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 07 2013
By: mcgeehe First Son 12 posts
Accepted Solution

Hard Mode - Need Advice Please - *MINOR SPOILER WARNING*

6 replies 182 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

First things first, I have not beaten this game yet, it is literally my first play through.

I have a bit of a problem here. After you first take control of Ellie and you track the deer to the [logging camp] where you meet Dave and his buddy, you end up having to fight off waves of the infected. My issue is that I'm at what seems like the end of the event. I'm in the room with Dave and the infected are coming in through the windows etc, I have low health, low ammo and no supplies. It seems like I just can't beat this area due to those limitations, using restart encounter just puts me back a little bit, still low heath, ammo and supplies, in the same room. If I could redo the entire area again I'd play it a lot smarter and safer, keep health up, don't use my med pack, try to avoid everything as it doesn't matter in the end and conserve all the ammo I can. But I simply can't. And NO I DO NOT have another save to go back to, I know my bad.

I really don't want to turn the difficulty down just for this one part and have my hard mode trophy taken away. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Hard Mode - Need Advice Please - *MINOR SPOILER WARNING*

Aug 7, 2013

The enemies you fight as Ellie are for the most part one hit kills, so it shouldn't be too difficult. That area, even on hard/Survivor will throw ammo at your face, so let a few enemies to get in through the windows in order to pick up the ammo that they drop.

Also, there is a health kit in one of the lockers by the main door. Keep at it!

Message 2 of 7 (172 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Awesome! I'll have to look for that locker, I tried running around and letting them attack Dave, then stab them in the neck, but that failed miserably!

And ya did notice ammo would drop when I was out earlier in the game, maybe I should just unload on them. This is almost the most nerve-racking part for me yet. First was the hotel in the boiler room....my god.
Message 3 of 7 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Should've done a  walktrough for that one D. :smileytongue:

Hey bro, if you have issues with other sections, go here. http://www.youtube.com/user/Fantosonium

He's got tutorial's for the harder sections.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 4 of 7 (155 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks for the replies guys, I couldn't find that locker must have been earlier on but, @dh0rmazine was right, most things, even clickers die with 1 shot from that rifle, I kept using it and the game kept giving me ammo.

What I did was run around the room counter clock wise and never stopped moving. When an infected had it's back to me I'd stab it in the neck. When the bloater showed up I used 2 molitovs that dropped and a nail bomb on him (guess I did have one of those), GG.

Again thanks. I got through it! @Nate3963 I'll keep that youtube channel in mind and I'm also gonna start making back up saves just in case.

kudos around

/thread
Message 5 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Aug 7, 2013

mcgeehe wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys, I couldn't find that locker must have been earlier on but, @dh0rmazine was right, most things, even clickers die with 1 shot from that rifle, I kept using it and the game kept giving me ammo.

What I did was run around the room counter clock wise and never stopped moving. When an infected had it's back to me I'd stab it in the neck. When the bloater showed up I used 2 molitovs that dropped and a nail bomb on him (guess I did have one of those), GG.

Oh, sorry man. I thought you meant the first section where you first meet David, anyway, I'm glad you got through it!

and, haha, thanks nate :smileytongue: I actually did do one for that part, but it was early on when the game was first released, and I never posted it for fear of spoiling anyone subscribed to me lol.

Message 6 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Glad you got through it. Enjoy the rest of the game man. 

Np D. :smileywink:

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 7 of 7 (133 Views)
0 Likes