Jun 05 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

Have any reviews talked about the AI?

26 replies 573 views Edited Jun 5, 2013
Like how it compares to the E3 demos? Sure we've seen enemies that search for you and work together but the AI shown then was much more that. They communicated, they reacted dynamically to the situation, they had self preservation, they seemed human.

Has any review talked about this or mentioned how the AI is?
Message 1 of 27 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 5, 2013
Kotaku have said that sometimes the AI is a letdown.
Message 2 of 27 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jun 5, 2013

They have said that the enemy AI is great, but sometimes the friendly AI reacts a little dumb in stealth.

Message 3 of 27 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Jun 5, 2013

The reviews said the A.I is smart and human like,but ocassionaly ellie or tess will get in the way in the middle of battle so it breaks that "illusion".

Message 4 of 27 (548 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jun 5, 2013

From all I have read, I conclude this. This game's AI is fantastic, enough to make you feel engrossed. However, when it screws up, it screws up hard, because it breaks that immersion that it has been giving.

So, it's extreme. It's SUPER good and bad. However, it is worth noting that the eviewers  acknowledge that the good happens far more than the bad. 

Message 5 of 27 (521 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 5, 2013

In Sessler's review the friendly AI was so stupid.

Message 6 of 27 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 6, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

In Sessler's review the friendly AI was so stupid.

I am a bit disappointed by that, but can live with it.

Any more reviews about the AI? Like others have said, none of the other gameplay we've seen has been on the par of the E3 AI so I'm curious

Message 7 of 27 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 6, 2013
^yup, if you want to see AI issues, look at the Polygon review. The AI just seems annoyingly overly active.

I like how Uncharted 3 did it, well, from my recent Crushing playthrough...i just remember how my friendly AIs steered clear from me...and i like that.

Nevertheless, i know I'm gonna fall in love with the AI, especially Ellie's brick throw. Funny thing is old man Sully saved my butt on crushing mode just the other day...I was about to die from rushing and missing a single enemy that was behind me..

screen was turning grey, nearing death, i turn around and this soldier's still shooting at me, then BAM!...old man Sully to the rescue. Very Ellie like lol.

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 8 of 27 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 6, 2013

blackdelage wrote:
^yup, if you want to see AI issues, look at the Polygon review. The AI just seems annoyingly overly active.

I like how Uncharted 3 did it, well, from my recent Crushing playthrough...i just remember how my friendly AIs steered clear from me...and i like that.

Nevertheless, i know I'm gonna fall in love with the AI, especially Ellie's brick throw. Funny thing is old man Sully saved my butt on crushing mode just the other day...I was about to die from rushing and missing a single enemy that was behind me..

screen was turning grey, nearing death, i turn around and this soldier's still shooting at me, then BAM!...old man Sully to the rescue. Very Ellie like lol.

I can deal with the supporting AI. I'm interested in the enemy AI

Message 9 of 27 (316 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 6, 2013

What one has to keep in mind is that the games AI seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of most if not all titles on the market. For that reason: Whenever a mistake happens (as it ISNT perfect) it will stand out rather much.

Having said that: It is a game. It isnt perfect. But the AI seems to still be top quality.

Message 10 of 27 (271 Views)
0 Likes