Splicer
58 posts

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 6, 2013

Dat polygon video....with dat faulty A.I, hope theres a day one patch.

Message 11 of 27 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Adam Sessler said that they have some flaws. I.E a hunter will be looking right at Ellie, but because shes against a wall, they'll walk right past her.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 12 of 27 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

LOL. Fail. I posted this in the wrong thread at first. (Super tired today, my apologies.) Here is what I said:

I don't think the A.I is completely disappointing to a full extent. I think the Friendly A.I is still very human and very smart. (As with the Enemy A.I as well.) However, of course it will still have it's run-in's with issues. It's just when you get the game yourself and play it from your experience, you have to look at it as - "Did I personally see the A.I do more helpful/smart things and help my progress, or impede my progess and do more stupid/dumbed down actions?" And also if the Enemy A.I reacted more appropriately based on varying situations rather than not.

The Last of Us Is Out!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 27 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 6, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:
Adam Sessler said that they have some flaws. I.E a hunter will be looking right at Ellie, but because shes against a wall, they'll walk right past her.

basically, Ellie and other crew's got Octocamo.

Stick to a wall and blend.

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 14 of 27 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 6, 2013

What have they done with the AI they showed at E3? I remember when they were talking about next gen AI in multiple interviews. What happened now?

Message 15 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 6, 2013

You haven't played the game.

sig.png

Message 16 of 27 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 6, 2013
one thing I heard is that the AI seems to have unlimited ammo especially friendly AI and this saddens me Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 27 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jun 7, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

What have they done with the AI they showed at E3? I remember when they were talking about next gen AI in multiple interviews. What happened now?

I want to know this too. Is the enemy AI still like it was in the E3 video, like enemies talking based on the situation ("he's got a gun !" "Where'd he go ? How many are there ?"

Do they still act like that, being cautious and realistic with situational dialogue etc ? I havent watched the reviews because Im doing a blackout and dont even want to see locations you go or hear lines of dialogue, so I'm asking.

Message 18 of 27 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 7, 2013

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I want to know this too. Is the enemy AI still like it was in the E3 video, like enemies talking based on the situation ("he's got a gun !" "Where'd he go ? How many are there ?"

Do they still act like that, being cautious and realistic with situational dialogue etc ? I havent watched the reviews because Im doing a blackout and dont even want to see locations you go or hear lines of dialogue, so I'm asking.

Please anyone who has the game already or has watched video reviews or playthroughs, can you answer this questions about the enemy AI?

Message 19 of 27 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 7, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Please anyone who has the game already or has watched video reviews or playthroughs, can you answer this questions about the enemy AI?

It's like Uncharted's enemy AI. It's gonna run right at you even if you're pointing a gun at it now. E3 AI is dead.

It was shown in a video a few weeks ago.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 20 of 27 (171 Views)
0 Likes