Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/24/2010
Offline
111 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

cvbxsta wrote:

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

What have they done with the AI they showed at E3? I remember when they were talking about next gen AI in multiple interviews. What happened now?


I want to know this too. Is the enemy AI still like it was in the E3 video, like enemies talking based on the situation ("he's got a gun !" "Where'd he go ? How many are there ?"

Do they still act like that, being cautious and realistic with situational dialogue etc ? I havent watched the reviews because Im doing a blackout and dont even want to see locations you go or hear lines of dialogue, so I'm asking.


Please anyone who has the game already or has watched video reviews or playthroughs, can you answer this questions about the enemy AI?


It's like Uncharted's enemy AI. It's gonna run right at you even if you're pointing a gun at it now. E3 AI is dead.

 

It was shown in a video a few weeks ago.


Seriously ? Come on what the hell . . . can anyone else confirm this ?

Message 21 of 27 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/01/2013
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 7, 2013

I can confirm. The **bleep** they showed in e3 and the extended demo are completely scripted. The AI behaves just as dumb as in other games. It really breaks the immersion.

Message 22 of 27 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/02/2013
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 7, 2013

Sickslol wrote:

I can confirm. The **bleep** they showed in e3 and the extended demo are completely scripted. The AI behaves just as dumb as in other games. It really breaks the immersion.


I'm wondering if I should buy the game or rent it....

Message 23 of 27 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

What have they done with the AI they showed at E3? I remember when they were talking about next gen AI in multiple interviews. What happened now?


I want to know this too. Is the enemy AI still like it was in the E3 video, like enemies talking based on the situation ("he's got a gun !" "Where'd he go ? How many are there ?"

Do they still act like that, being cautious and realistic with situational dialogue etc ? I haven't watched the reviews because Im doing a blackout and don't even want to see locations you go or hear lines of dialogue, so I'm asking.


I just watched some new gameplay footages. Actually, the AI is just as smart, verbally. It's just that, it is not very consistent. It doesn't happen all time, but happens often. For example on Adam Sesseler's review when he accidently stepped on kitchen gears,  the AI reacted to it, and asked his buddies " Do hear that?".

Message 24 of 27 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
268 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 7, 2013
Has anyone watched the dev diary? I must say that AI and combat there look just as impressive and intense as the E3 footage
Message 25 of 27 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/02/2013
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 7, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
Has anyone watched the dev diary? I must say that AI and combat there look just as impressive and intense as the E3 footage

What is it called? 

I wanna watch it

Message 26 of 27 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
268 posts
 

Re: Have any reviews talked about the AI?

Jun 7, 2013

studio35 wrote:

cvbxsta wrote:
Has anyone watched the dev diary? I must say that AI and combat there look just as impressive and intense as the E3 footage

What is it called? 

I wanna watch it


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/New-Development-Video-4/m-p/40584927#U...

Message 27 of 27 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes