Jul 08 2013
By: Kshandoo Hekseville Citizen 330 posts

Hello, all! Need something explained.

5 replies 273 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

Greetings, The Last of Us community! I'm new to these forums so don't get mad at me.

For the last couple of weeks I was playing the game, got my clan to more than 100 people, learned all the maps, won a lot of games and blah blah blah...Alas, I noticed that there are a lot of idiots (or kids, or dumb kids) in the game. They steal kills, run around guns blazing making so much sound, that even the deaf will hear where they are, don't revive (which is totally unbeliavable because reviving a teammate is revarded and he will try to do the same for you when needed) and make a lot of stupid things. But most of all, I get freaked out by this custom taunt, when the imbitsil stands, sits, stands, sits, stands, sits on your corpse. Yay for you, you killed me (gang banged most of the times)! You can taunt (Salute, for example), but why do this dumb thing? It looks stupid and awkward. Needless to say, that most players don't do this, which means that they are grown ups, or not idiots/kids.

This thread needs more weight. What loadout do you prefer? Custom, or default?

Sorry for the misspellings. English is not my native language.

Message 1 of 6 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2125 posts

Re: Hello, all! Need something explained.

Jul 8, 2013

That "taunt" your seeing where they crouch over your head is called a Teabag. It might seem immature, but some forumers here like doing it. I for one only do it to get squeakers mad.

Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 9, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

That "taunt" your seeing where they crouch over your head is called a Teabag. It might seem immature, but some forumers here like doing it. I for one only do it to get squeakers mad.

*reads reply* *sees forum name* Alrighty then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 3 of 6 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I don't do it unless i'm feeling like it, which is very rare.

It does look stupid and it does not remind me of a t-bag tbh.
Message 4 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I will teabag when I take out the whole team as last man standing and win the match for my team - it's just so, warranted. It's just so natural. Like Tom Hanks' reaction to finally making fire in Cast Away.

Message 5 of 6 (161 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Yes, that would be called a "teabag", and it's pretty much a staple of online multiplayer gaming.  I mean, if I don't teabag somebody then how will they know that I'm better than them?

In all seriousness though, there are a couple basic reasons.  The first is that they're playing in a way you don't like, for instance running away from every fight, simply camping in the same snipers nest the entire game, or talking trash after every kill, in which case teabagging them after you've killed them let's them know that you disapprove of their unsportsmanlike playstyle and are taunting them as punishment.  The second would be because you simply want to make them angry.  Third, I suppose, is when you've done something truely amazing that you feel the enemy team needs to be made aware of.

EDIT:

dh0rmazine wrote:

I will teabag when I take out the whole team as last man standing and win the match for my team - it's just so, warranted. It's just so natural. Like Tom Hanks' reaction to finally making fire in Cast Away.

That's...just a perfect example.  +1 to you sir (or madam).

Message 6 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes