Jun 22 2013
By: Birthdaypony First Son 2 posts

Hope for a potential Survival Coop mode.

6 replies 354 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

I, like many, was thoroughly impressed with the Last of Us's single player campaign and ambiguously melancholy ending. I will certainly be playing through again on the other difficulties in the future. I have been less impressed with the multiplayer, though. I'm not saying it is bad, it just didn't appeal to me as much. The weapons didn't pack enough punch and I was shot through walls due to latency issues far too often. I have had some fun playing it, but not enough to maintain my interest too greatly.

A mode I would love to see would be a survival mode, preferably with coop. While I've seen many argue that it doesn't fit with the narrative and that players desiring such a thing should "go back to COD", I would like to say that those responses are simply ridiculous. This is, to quote, "A Zombie Game With Heart", and along with that one heavily focused on gritty, brutal survival. So why then should such a game that also contains some of the best and most realistic combat against the "infected" not have a wave based survival mode? If anything, the majority of games that have such modes don't deserve them as much as a masterpiece such as this game does.

Such a mode could be so much better than most others as well since the game has a solid combat system balancing in your face combat with stealth mechanics. I feel like it would play best with 2-4 players in coop, especially if split screen was available for local play. I think it would be equally fun to play as characters from the main story or as some customized survivor you create on your own.

While not a necessity, a perk and loadout system could make for a more enjoyable game, as well as encouraging replayability.

I was one of the many people who lost all launch day progress (7 Hours of the campaign) due to the auto-save glitch but have remained a fan of both the game and Naughty Dog since the game surpassed the majority of expectations I had for it. I am willing to fully forgive them for causing me such heartache if they were to make such an awesome added game mode.

Thanks. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 7 (354 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: Hope for a potential Survival Coop mode.

Jun 22, 2013

Many agree with you. There are a lot of topics about coop/horde modes. Maybe they will make it happen someday, nobody knows....

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 2 of 7 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Use the search bar before making a thread. People have already asked about this. Typical kid with his first post. Rushes onto a forum thinking hes the first person to bring this up.
Message 3 of 7 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
231 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Birthdaypony wrote:

I, like many, was thoroughly impressed with the Last of Us's single player campaign and ambiguously melancholy ending. I will certainly be playing through again on the other difficulties in the future. I have been less impressed with the multiplayer, though. I'm not saying it is bad, it just didn't appeal to me as much. The weapons didn't pack enough punch and I was shot through walls due to latency issues far too often. I have had some fun playing it, but not enough to maintain my interest too greatly.

A mode I would love to see would be a survival mode, preferably with coop. While I've seen many argue that it doesn't fit with the narrative and that players desiring such a thing should "go back to COD", I would like to say that those responses are simply ridiculous. This is, to quote, "A Zombie Game With Heart", and along with that one heavily focused on gritty, brutal survival. So why then should such a game that also contains some of the best and most realistic combat against the "infected" not have a wave based survival mode? If anything, the majority of games that have such modes don't deserve them as much as a masterpiece such as this game does.

Such a mode could be so much better than most others as well since the game has a solid combat system balancing in your face combat with stealth mechanics. I feel like it would play best with 2-4 players in coop, especially if split screen was available for local play. I think it would be equally fun to play as characters from the main story or as some customized survivor you create on your own.

While not a necessity, a perk and loadout system could make for a more enjoyable game, as well as encouraging replayability.

I was one of the many people who lost all launch day progress (7 Hours of the campaign) due to the auto-save glitch but have remained a fan of both the game and Naughty Dog since the game surpassed the majority of expectations I had for it. I am willing to fully forgive them for causing me such heartache if they were to make such an awesome added game mode.

Thanks. Smiley Wink

According to this guy, there will be co-op DLC but I'm just waiting for the official confirmation.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/Confirmed-in-the-Season-Pass-DLC-Co-Op...

Message 4 of 7 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 23, 2013
you do realize that you're not being forced to answer his thread right? if he wants to make a similar thread let him. who cares?
Message 5 of 7 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Based on my preliminary search I didn't see a thread on this site for such a topic. Sorry for the redundancy, and yes this is my first time posting on the website though I have had a ps3 for years. I'm glad I'm not alone in hoping for such a mode.

Message 6 of 7 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jul 12, 2013

My idea about coop:

- A survival mode with 10 players. These players should hunt for food, search supplies and protect the safe house. All this in a big map, in 12 weeks.

Message 7 of 7 (146 Views)