Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: How Many People Here Have an Unhealthy Emotional Attachment to Naughty Dog? Be Honest...

Jun 7, 2013

OP, fanboys exist everywhere. It's nothing new.

And reviews still don't matter to me. Even if TLOU is getting 10/10's across the board or 1/10's--  I. Don't. Care.

The best review is to play it yourself. And that is exactly what I plan to do on June 14th.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 21 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: How Many People Here Have an Unhealthy Emotional Attachment to Naughty Dog? Be Honest...

Jun 7, 2013
I'm a HUGE fan boy of Naughty Dog, and everything they have/will achieve(d). I will admit, Naughty Dog does a lot of things better than other companies, and other companies do a lot of things better than Naughty Dog. It's a give and take, more or less.

To answer, yes I have a very, VERY Healthy* attachment to Naughty Dog.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 12 of 21 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Op is a troll I SHALL DESTROY HIM NOW AS HE DOES NOT AGREE WITH MY OPINIONS Smiley Wink lol
Message 13 of 21 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 8, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Do you fill your post with lol's in hopes to lighten the subject, or to seem condescending?

To be fair, I do that all the time when texting girls. Not many girls text properly over the phone, hell guys don't either. And you gotta "lol" it up a bit or you can come across like a jerk...at least in my point of view. If I ever go back and read my text, it'll be like; From: Me (super serious text typed out properly) From: Madison: i don't know, u didn't tell me sooner lol!" and I'm thinking "such a light hearted non serious subject and I'm typing out an essay. :l Point of this post; "lol's" tone things down a bit. But I really only resort to that when I text.

Message 14 of 21 (164 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Yeah because people with valuable reasons and proofs are counted as fanboys. You guys wish the worst for some odd reason and we prove you wrong. As simple as that.

Message 15 of 21 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

People are always going to have their own opinion and everyone needs to accept that.

Message 16 of 21 (147 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Egocentrism*  It lives in all of us

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 17 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Criticism is great. Without criticism, the site would suck. Fully backing that.

The annoying part is when a user's entire post history is dedicated solely to inventing as many tiny flaws as possible and shining the spotlight on them for a game - any game, not just TLOU. There are some guys even saying Naughty Dog wouldn't be well off showing TLOU gameplay at E3 because people have "wised up" to the bad AI and it would "look bad in comparison" to other games - seriously? I think they'll just have some lame launch trailer, but if you seriously think they wouldn't succeed showing gameplay for one of the most acclaimed games in recent memory, you're either trolling or have a single digit IQ.

Quick tip - logic doesn't work that way. Showing something others universally deem "good" tends to make you, in turn, look "good." Not rocket science.

Message 18 of 21 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Do you fill your post with lol's in hopes to lighten the subject, or to seem condescending?

And the very first post after the OP was a **bleep**, subtle jab.

Edit: we can't even say but-hurt??

Message 19 of 21 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 24, 2013

lVigkiller wrote:

I've noticed as soon as someone is even slightly critical (forum users or the few critics that weren't drooling over the game), a pack of rabid fanboys will eagerly storm in trying to protect The Last of Us and Naughty Dog's internet honor, lol. It's getting to the point where when someone doesn't say "this will be the greatest game ever," that person is called a "moron" that is "whining."

I haven't seen such disgusting fanboys since back when 'console wars' were actually relevant. I seriously think some people need medical attention. Funny how reviews, all of a sudden, matter again when they're overwhelmingly positive towards ND, lol.

Oh well...hopefully it lives up to the hype. Smiley Happy

A post so true it deserves to be quoted.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 20 of 21 (62 Views)
0 Likes