I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Re: How big will the multiplayer community be?

Jun 7, 2013

It will be a party dominating game, I think..it wont be many.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 54 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5304 posts

Jun 7, 2013
The nature of the game is to work as a team to survive, so yeah, parties will of course dominate most matches. That'll put off many of the casuals for sure. Most people like to just run around getting their own kills without thinking too much. This won't be the game for them. I expect a small player pool after a few months.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 54 (233 Views)
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Bout tree fiddy

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 54 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I better start finding good players then. I don't want to carry my team.

calcunnon wrote:
The nature of the game is to work as a team to survive, so yeah, parties will of course dominate most matches. That'll put off many of the casuals for sure. Most people like to just run around getting their own kills without thinking too much. This won't be the game for them. I expect a small player pool after a few months.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1533 posts

Jun 7, 2013
At least 105 people. That's how many people have put their names in on the TLoU Buddy List thread.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 54 (199 Views)
Sackboy
344 posts

Jun 7, 2013

First few weeks 5-10,000 , slowly dwindlein down , after a year i'd say the'll be between 500-1000 online at a time which imo is better because the smaller the community the more after you meet people you've played with before builds rivalrys and a solid community , i played Time Splitters future perfect till it closed and it was same ppl who played it everyday for well over 5 years was amazing.

sub sig

sig url -

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 54 (191 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3211 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Depends on how good it is and word-of-mouth support. Uncharted was in a similar position with its MP not long ago but it's already grown tremendously due to the dedicated community and similar grass-roots promotion.

Due to the nature of the gameplay (being different from your average MP) I can easily see it carving out a healthy-sized niche of active players.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 54 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

Jun 7, 2013

No games with multiplayer ever seem to die , i was bored the other day and played RB6 Vegas 2 and there was still a couple dozen players on there and the support for that game was crap (Laggy as hell / countless glitches / balance issues)

sub sig

sig url -

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 54 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2830 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Its hard to say. Don't forget about the people who will be jumping ship to new games once the PS4 comes out. 

Nerf
Buff
Patch
Adapt

photo tumblr_mf1ussHvgx1qfdlxyo1_1280.png
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 54 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3076 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

There is NO reason to believe that this game woudl turn out any different from previous NDI titles with MP. 

Hmmm lets see...

- No Co-Op out of the box (not good)

- P2P connections on a 3rd NDI title for MP

- No mercs playlist option

- Clan will dominate

- Causuals wll be almost INSTANTLY turned off 

Like any NDI game, small potatoes.  Cool ideas, as usual, but poor implementation AGAIN is my prediction. 

Given the sloppy handling of UC3's MP and it's MASS of issues, glitches, cheaters, laggers, horribly connected players, I don't see why anything should change for this title.  NDI has their formula.  Predction:  they will REALLY soak their fans on this title for DLC.  Experiments with things like UC3's TOURNAMENT SYSTEM will make their way into this title.  Things like HAT SATS, micro transactions, and any other manner of annoying stuff is sure to be a  part of this title. 

Now, like anyone else, I would like to enjoy a good NDI product (for the most part), like the old UC2 days.  I root for NDI, I do, but folks sure have short memories regading NDI's track record with MP. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 54 (143 Views)