Aug 02 2013
By: JamesM5150 Sackboy 439 posts

How many times did you have to beat the SP in order to get the platinum trophy?

[ Edited ]
20 replies 575 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

For those of you who have the platinum trophy, I was just wondering how many times you had to beat the SP to recieve it.

I'm  nearly finished with my 4th playthrough and will probably need to run through the game one more time... "For emergencies only" is the last trophy I need. I noticed that some of my weapon and supplement upgrades didn't carry over on my third playthrough and is probably why I'll be needing to beat the game for a 5th time.

1st playthrough: Hard

2nd: Survivor

3rd: Survivor+

4th: Survivor+

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1801 posts

Re: How many times did you have to beat the SP in order to get the platinum trophy?

Aug 2, 2013

this many4

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (556 Views)
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: How many times did you have to beat the SP in order to get the platinum trophy?

Aug 2, 2013
4 did the trick. Could have done it in less, but I was not in much of a hurry.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

4 and a half on my console (I did another play-through with some friends at their house). The half playthrough was only to fully upgrade a couple weapons. Could've done it in 3 play-throughs if I really set my mind to it but I wanted to play through it a couple times without worrying about trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (520 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

Aug 2, 2013

3. Hard, Hard+, Survivor+.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
439 posts

Aug 2, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Ah, I didn't know you could unlock survivor+ after beating hard+. I thought you had to beat survivor to unlock survivor+. Maybe if I did that way, I could have saved myself some time.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (473 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

Aug 2, 2013

JamesM5150 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Ah, I didn't know you could unlock survivor+ after beating hard+. I thought you had to beat survivor to unlock survivor+. Maybe if I did that way, I could have saved myself some time.

Yeah, you can actually get all the difficulty trophies in just 2 playthroughs.

You could beat the game on Easy-Hard, then jump right to Survivor+ afterward. If one is in it purely for the trophies.

But, I was in no rush. I loved the game and used my Hard+ playthrough for collecting all the artificats and upgrading Joel to the max (skills and weapons.)

Then my Survivor+ playthrough was just a pure survival speed-run.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Am I the only one that does not necessarily care about Trophies? 

But... I've played it 7 times through, I guess like this.. Normal, Easy+, Easy++(lol), Survivor/Hard (changed to Hard almost instantly, too scared of having no listen mode), Hard+, Hard++, Survivor... I'll be needing to play it one more time for Survivor+. I doubt that will get me Platinum but oh well, I don't have it in any game. :smileytongue:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2962 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I got the plat on my old account. Might do it again on this acccount because I <3 the game so much. I only had about 13 plats on my old account.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 2, 2013

3 and a half playthroughs.

Normal

Survivor

Survivor+

Easy+

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (410 Views)
0 Likes