Apr 22 2013
By: AKyemeni PlayStation MVP 6179 posts
Accepted Solution

How should the game start?

39 replies 615 views Edited Apr 22, 2013
Well, we have been all talking about the game's ending, but how about how it would start? Do you think it should be an Uncharted way of starting in the middle of the story, then going back, or perhaps the old traditional way of start to finish. How would you design the beginning of the game?

I would like to start out playing as a clicker, ready to attack an innocent person. Maybe have the whole segment play out in a couple of minutes, in a dark house. Then the intro credits would roll in, I think it would set the mood fr this game perfectly.

2pac.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (615 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Re: How should the game start?

Apr 22, 2013
I've thought about this. I always imagined it opening in the military checkpoint place that there in. And it shows how life is inside then you get your mission and head out. I think it would be a good opening because it'll be a cool transition from being safe and guarded by the military to leaving (on purpose) to go to the harsh outside world.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (608 Views)
Wastelander
670 posts

Apr 22, 2013
It should start something like this. I open the game, insert disc into the ps3, the game loads up and tells me to press start., Hahahahaaha

On topic though, I can see something like a Red Dead Redemption opening.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 22, 2013

20 year old Joel is farming in his family's ranch, when suddenly... things become a little crazy.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (595 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1688 posts

Apr 22, 2013

You play as a random dude during the infection outbreak. Then insues (is that how you spell it?) a tutorial as you learn the basic things (movemement, cover, perhaps melee) trying to survive. You then have a swarm of infected running after you and you gotta find a gun, but its hopeless. There are too many, and you get overwhelmed, and... DIE. You then fast-forward to I-dont-know-how-much-further and you are now in the shoes of Joel. So the story begins.

Personally I think this could be a cool start to the game as it would serve as a good way of showing how much the world has gone to s*** and it'll simply be pretty exciting and tense.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

It will start in Joel's home, then it will transition to the Military City, where he meets Marlene.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (576 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I reckon it should start back at the very start of the infection maybe have some news reports saying that's military is controlling it then you have an evacuation and your random character is forced o evacuate but it doesn't happen a lot of people die and then there's a cut into Joel wading through waist high water outside the quarantine zone
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I reckon it should start out just before the outbreak and it shOws a wh
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I always thought it would be cool to play as Joel before everything goes crazy. I mean if you watch the red band trailer and when everyone is running. I think that is the or close tho the beginning.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (533 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Joel," My parents told me "Son,you're special,you were born to do great things."

Joel,"You know what? They were right."

-You hear gun fires in the background and sounds of runners and people screams in the background,and than The Last of Us appears on the screen with a black background with fancy effects happening to the text.-

Also kudos if you get my reference.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (501 Views)
0 Likes