Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: How should the game start?

Apr 22, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:...Then insues (is that how you spell it?) a tutorial as you learn the basic things (movemement, cover, perhaps melee) trying to survive...
I'm also interested in the tutorials. U2 and U3 had amazing 'tutorials' integrated into the story. Do you guys think it will be like this in the TLOU? Or will there actually be some training sessions? Or perhaps some abstract tutorial, with you fighting in a limbo, just to learn the controls (like in Bayonetta)? And what about the order? Will they teach melee, first, or gunplay, or stealth?

I'm a bit more excited about how teaching Ellie how to shoot is going to work. I hope it's interactive, and not just an optional cutscene per weapon. I think it would be the coolest thing to watch her progressively get better and better with a rifle or bow as we give her tips throughout.

Message 21 of 40 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:...Then insues (is that how you spell it?) a tutorial as you learn the basic things (movemement, cover, perhaps melee) trying to survive...
I'm also interested in the tutorials. U2 and U3 had amazing 'tutorials' integrated into the story. Do you guys think it will be like this in the TLOU? Or will there actually be some training sessions? Or perhaps some abstract tutorial, with you fighting in a limbo, just to learn the controls (like in Bayonetta)? And what about the order? Will they teach melee, first, or gunplay, or stealth?

I'd say melee, stealth, gunlplay. All 3 uncharted games had fun and exciting openings (shooting off pirates from a boat, escaping a compromised train and a good ole' bar fight) and while TLOU is definitely a completely different game I'd like to see them keep the same style. It doesn't have to be action packed though, perhaps just tense or scary.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 22 of 40 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I wouldn't mind starting off before the infection started. Seeing where Joel grew up and learning more about his life before everything goes awry.

Message 23 of 40 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Apr 22, 2013

There Joel is in his house on the couch, his daughter runs down the stairs and gives him a hug as he's watching TV while eating a hotdog and chips.

"Hey daddy, wanna play with me?!"

"Not right now, but I promise you that if you get your toys set up in your room I'll be right up."

Joel's daughter runs back up the stairs and his wife (I'd assume Tess) steps in a doorway leading into the kitchen.

"No rough-housing now." (Sarcastically)

"Aw, come on, you know I couldn't hurt a fly!"

(Joel in a voice over)

"Lying on the couch watching Sunday football. That greasy smell of a downtown hotdog. Fourth of July family barbeques. The sound of a plane flying overhead. Just one peaceful night, a clean conscience, all gone. Most folk never even knew what was happening, once it hit, everyone went into a riot. I was shaken from my sleep from the sound of my child crying over gunshots as my wife tried to wake me. She kept telling me 'Grab your gun! Grab the gun!' once I stepped outside it was hell, people lighting things on fire, shooting eachother. These were all people from my past, people who'd invite me over to their house to watch football or have a neighborly party. That's not what I saw then, I saw what man turns into when he has to survive."

You then play as Joel getting his family through the streets and riots to get to the quarentine zone. At the end of it, they almost make it out of the town into the quarentine zone.

"Watch your step, we're almost there!" Joel yells during gameplay.

In a cutscene we hear a car speed by and slam into a wall, Joel turns around and has a shocked expression on his face, tears creep down his face.

"No!... Ellie!" Joel screams, then the logo fades in and we get to play as Joel in the quarentine zone to go meet Tess.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 24 of 40 (293 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 23, 2013

The game should start with a live stream of Michael Bay's impressions of the game. Also he should spoil the **bleep** out of it for lulz on release day. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 25 of 40 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

I want it to start with an epic battle/escape against the infected. Joel wakes up in the middle of the night, accompanied by shrieks of terror and wild gunshots. Joel tries to escape the camp(or wherever you prefer) while seeing the soldiers gun down the infected and people getting eaten.

Message 26 of 40 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 25, 2013

In the story trailer, you see a shot of a group of people running through a burning town/city. Before the opening title, there should be a section like this where a young Joel is running through the chaos in order to leave the area. It could serve as a tutorial for movement and camera control. After he escapes, he looks back to see the city burning/being bombed by the military. Cut to opening title.

================

Excuse my horrible Photoshop with the "One"
Message 27 of 40 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 25, 2013
It'll probably start with an announcement for DAY 1 DLC, before the first cutscene begins.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 28 of 40 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 25, 2013

luigi1002 wrote:

In a cutscene we hear a car speed by and slam into a wall, Joel turns around and has a shocked expression on his face, tears creep down his face.

"No!... Ellie!" Joel screams, then the logo fades in and we get to play as Joel in the quarentine zone to go meet Tess.

It seems WAY too coincidental for his daughter to also be named Ellie. It comes off as cheesy to me. Smiley Frustrated

================

Message 29 of 40 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

Mwames wrote:

In the story trailer, you see a shot of a group of people running through a burning town/city. Before the opening title, there should be a section like this where a young Joel is running through the chaos in order to leave the area. It could serve as a tutorial for movement and camera control. After he escapes, he looks back to see the city burning/being bombed by the military. Cut to opening title.

Holy crap! I only glanced through the open of the game and didn't really get a good look at it, but I think I called it for the most part! Smiley LOL

================

Message 30 of 40 (138 Views)
0 Likes