Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: How to do this?

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

MulleDK19 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact that the FINAL product is LESS COMPLETE. Features like crouching removed. Leaning removed, and GOOD AI removed.

The final AI are NOTHING like what was depicted at E3.

In other words. The E3 demo was staged.

Uhm learn what staged means please. The entire game is staged, A.I go on, and do what they're told, no matter what the player does. Sure, you can do things differently, but no matter what, they'll react the same way.

The A.I has flaws, I'll give you that, but do you know how many times you would be spotted, if Ellie was seen every time she crossed a doorway? It's better this way. Now, that may come off as being a fanboy, but speaking as a fellow gamer, you have to agree that your position being given away by A.I is VERY annoying.

Leaning was removed because of the addition of Listen mode, notice how there's no listen mode in that demo? crouch sprinting was removed because even if you were sprinting while crouched, you would still be loud. That's why they made the enemies less accurate when you sprint away from them.

When the **bleep** did I mention anything about the friendly AI getting spotted?

Removing a good feature like leaning, to replace it with a stupid feature (listen mode) was an idiotic move. Especially since if you turn off listen mode, you still can't lean.

You can only walk slowly in crouch mode in the final game, even though your friendly AI still has the "sprinting" feature shown at E3. Crouch sprinting could still be as silent as walking.

But again, these things are the LEAST of the problems.

I really don't want to waste more time on discussing this, when you can just watch my video when it comes out later.

Fact is, all the big points of this game are not there.

Haha, ok buddy, but I won't be listening to some person who knows nothing about give, and take, give his two (very limited) sense on this amazing, and beautifully executed, work of art.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 11 of 18 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact that the FINAL product is LESS COMPLETE. Features like crouching removed. Leaning removed, and GOOD AI removed.

Uhm learn what staged means please. The entire game is staged, A.I go on, and do what they're told, no matter what the player does. Sure, you can do things differently, but no matter what, they'll react the same way.

The A.I has flaws, I'll give you that, but do you know how many times you would be spotted, if Ellie was seen every time she crossed a doorway? It's better this way. Now, that may come off as being a fanboy, but speaking as a fellow gamer, you have to agree that your position being given away by A.I is VERY annoying.

Leaning was removed because of the addition of Listen mode, notice how there's no listen mode in that demo? crouch sprinting was removed because even if you were sprinting while crouched, you would still be loud. That's why they made the enemies less accurate when you sprint away from them.

When the **bleep** did I mention anything about the friendly AI getting spotted?

Removing a good feature like leaning, to replace it with a stupid feature (listen mode) was an idiotic move. Especially since if you turn off listen mode, you still can't lean.

You can only walk slowly in crouch mode in the final game, even though your friendly AI still has the "sprinting" feature shown at E3. Crouch sprinting could still be as silent as walking.

I really don't want to waste more time on discussing this, when you can just watch my video when it comes out later.

Haha, ok buddy, but I won't be listening to some person who knows nothing about give, and take, give his two (very limited) sense on this amazing, and beautifully executed, work of art.

Okay, you are just a fanboy.

I bet you gave it 10/10 on metacritic.

Message 12 of 18 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

MulleDK19 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

I have no idea what metacritic is, but The Last of Us did indeed recieve a 10/10 in my books, and the 96 other reviews thought so too. I'll glady wear the title of Fanboy of Naughty Dog.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 13 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 16, 2013

On a more positive note, I enjoy the way they made the HUD feel more natural in the full release. The e3 one looks a bit too flashy?

Message 14 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 16, 2013

VolatileMachine wrote:

On a more positive note, I enjoy the way they made the HUD feel more natural in the full release. The e3 one looks a bit too flashy?

I don't think it looked too flashy as it looked cheesy, and clunky, not to mention it reduced visibility Smiley Tongue The HUD doesn't feel so much natural, as it does sleek to me. I dunno, I'm not the only one, am I?

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 15 of 18 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 16, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

VolatileMachine wrote:

I don't think it looked too flashy as it looked cheesy, and clunky, not to mention it reduced visibility Smiley Tongue The HUD doesn't feel so much natural, as it does sleek to me. I dunno, I'm not the only one, am I?

I think that's more of the word I was looking for, sleek. + it's nice and compact.

Message 16 of 18 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 16, 2013

VolatileMachine wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

VolatileMachine wrote:

I think that's more of the word I was looking for, sleek. + it's nice and compact.

I agree. Sleek + Compact = Win.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 17 of 18 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 16, 2013

MulleDK19 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

Sounds like someone's bhutt hurt. =D

Message 18 of 18 (70 Views)