Jun 16 2013
By: Cheek_Boys Hekseville Citizen 316 posts

How to do this?

17 replies 348 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

How do you do this in the final game? Was it removed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GApCMW1F7a0#t=409s

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Re: How to do this?

Jun 16, 2013

bump

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Jun 16, 2013
It's a 15 minute video. What are you talking about? There's a ton of stuff that happened there.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Oh, and just a warning for those who are going to watch the OP's video, don't read the comments. It's blown to hell.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jun 16, 2013
If you're talking about leaning, then yes, it was removed.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jun 16, 2013

I assume you mean the fast crouching. No, that's not possible. Just like most of the lies shown at E3 is not possible in the actual game. Making a video on that too.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

MulleDK19 wrote:

I assume you mean the fast crouching. No, that's not possible. Just like most of the lies shown at E3 is not possible in the actual game. Making a video on that too.

Seriously? You're calling it lies when it was shown in E3 2012 when the game wasn't even close to being finished? Dude, just......no.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact that the FINAL product is LESS COMPLETE. Features like crouching removed. Leaning removed, and GOOD AI removed.

The final AI are NOTHING like what was depicted at E3.

In other words: The E3 demo was staged. And if that doesn't become apparent to you when you see my video, you're just a NaughtyDog fanboy.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jun 16, 2013

MulleDK19 wrote:

You'd have a point if it wasn't for the fact that the FINAL product is LESS COMPLETE. Features like crouching removed. Leaning removed, and GOOD AI removed.

In other words. The E3 demo was staged.

Uhm learn what staged means please. The entire game is staged, A.I go on, and do what they're told, no matter what the player does. Sure, you can do things differently, but no matter what, they'll react the same way.

The A.I has flaws, I'll give you that, but do you know how many times you would be spotted, if Ellie was seen every time she crossed a doorway? It's better this way. Now, that may come off as being a fanboy, but speaking as a fellow gamer, you have to agree that your position being given away by A.I is VERY annoying.

Leaning was removed because of the addition of Listen mode, notice how there's no listen mode in that demo? crouch sprinting was removed because even if you were sprinting while crouched, you would still be loud. That's why they made the enemies less accurate when you sprint away from them.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jun 16, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MulleDK19 wrote:

In other words. The E3 demo was staged.

Uhm learn what staged means please. The entire game is staged, A.I go on, and do what they're told, no matter what the player does. Sure, you can do things differently, but no matter what, they'll react the same way.

The A.I has flaws, I'll give you that, but do you know how many times you would be spotted, if Ellie was seen every time she crossed a doorway? It's better this way. Now, that may come off as being a fanboy, but speaking as a fellow gamer, you have to agree that your position being given away by A.I is VERY annoying.

Leaning was removed because of the addition of Listen mode, notice how there's no listen mode in that demo? crouch sprinting was removed because even if you were sprinting while crouched, you would still be loud. That's why they made the enemies less accurate when you sprint away from them.

When the **bleep** did I mention anything about the friendly AI getting spotted?

Removing a good feature like leaning, to replace it with a stupid feature (listen mode) was an idiotic move. Especially since if you turn off listen mode, you still can't lean.

You can only walk slowly in crouch mode in the final game, even though your friendly AI still has the "sprinting" feature shown at E3. Crouch sprinting could still be as silent as walking.

But again, these things are the LEAST of the problems.

I really don't want to waste more time on discussing this, when you can just watch my video when it comes out later.

Fact is, all the big points of this game are not there.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (202 Views)
0 Likes