First Son
12 posts

Re: How to report hackers in multiplayer?

Jul 5, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

BF3 was never "hacked" on console atleast. There were a sh*t-ton of glitches but, no hacks. I encourage you to look up the differences between the two.

As far as hacking in TLOU, I'm sure its possible. There are no dedicated servers here.

Socom ran on dedicated servers and was definitely hacked, so by that reasoning BF3 COULD be aswell, this is like trying to argue the existence of god with someone, you can only know what you know, when you know it and I'm sorry I do not believe you know everything about anything, no disrespect. Where computer coding is concerned anything is possible, that is a fact you cannot dispute and is the essence of hacking. This is not to say it has or hasn't been, but please do not try to talk as an authority on something that is boundless. Some games have "hacks" built in, for dev purposes and some games have been released in the past with this coding still in place.....oops. None the less, complaints or "whining" as some term it are just as valid criticism as the **bleep** massaging praise that comes from certain individuals. Now a reference to perfection, yes it cannot be reached ever, full stop, doesn't stop us as humans from trying to reach it many walks of life and is usually only gotten close to by trial and error, meaning errors are the backbone of the attempt to reach perfection and therefore should be noted in all their horrible glory, so as not to make the same mistakes over and over again. I'll leave it at that. Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 48 (652 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Re: How to report hackers in multilayer?

Jul 5, 2013

All I know is until some one tells me how to fly and kill people like what happened to me in this game I'm going with hackers...

Message 32 of 48 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Just in case anyone is unsure "blacklisting" and/or "naming and shaming" other players on the forum is against forum rule&guidelines that we all had to agree to in order to be a part of the forum.

Pulled from Terms of Service:

While you are in the PlayStation® Community Forums, there are a few things we ask you to refrain from. Please don’t:
Accuse others of cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. We refer to this as “blacklisting” or “naming and shaming”. If you think that someone is violating the Terms of Service or the Rules of Conduct in some way, report them through the games title itself (if you can) or through the Knowledge Center. Please refrain from reporting In-Game infractions in these forums.

You can find that information here: Forums T.O.S. Rules & Guidelines

In addition:

If you would like to report someone on the forum go to this page HERE

Just select "Nature of your comment" and choose "complaint." Then provide information in the box below. Make sure you browser setting allow pop-ups. Good luck!

Message 33 of 48 (630 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 5, 2013

SOCOM the PS2 game? Great comparison Socrates

Message 34 of 48 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Just played a game where one of the enemy was running straight into our bullets, trading punches with my team. Three of us, one of him. After a good 10 seconds he turned to run away. We shot him in the back. He didn't die. Think something may have been up with that...
Message 35 of 48 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 5, 2013

mozzie1 wrote:
Just played a game where one of the enemy was running straight into our bullets, trading punches with my team. Three of us, one of him. After a good 10 seconds he turned to run away. We shot him in the back. He didn't die. Think something may have been up with that...

Combination of bad aim and wearing armor?

Message 36 of 48 (614 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jul 5, 2013

O ya... 

Message 37 of 48 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Wow is it not against Terms of Service for the people that are cheating in the games made by Naughty Dog or any other title? Also as stated in the question where can the players cheating be turned in at the time in the game ''The Last Of Us''? And should not the people that are ruining the game play for every one be ashamed of what there doing or is it  the point of Playstation and there game titles to except all cheaters as if they did nothing wrong in the first place??

Message 38 of 48 (603 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 5, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

BF3 was never "hacked" on console atleast. There were a sh*t-ton of glitches but, no hacks. I encourage you to look up the differences between the two.

As far as hacking in TLOU, I'm sure its possible. There are no dedicated servers here.

Dude.....dedicated servers have nothing to do with hacks. Someone could easily get a JTAG, or open up his XBox to write unsigned code, change his health, his damage, his ammo, whatever...and take it online.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 39 of 48 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jul 5, 2013

If I did that I would be dead before you pulled the trigger...

Message 40 of 48 (599 Views)
0 Likes