Aug 21 2013
By: PhillyK87 Lombax Warrior 186 posts

How tough is Survivor

27 replies 552 views Edited Aug 21, 2013
I am currently on a hard playthrough and really enjoying the challenge more than normal. The only difference really for me is the supplies available. Like in the downtown part, were you encounter that first area with a few runners and a clicker. When I did that on normal I was supplied with a metal pipe, on hard I got a 2x4...am I going to get a fly swatter for taking on clickers on survivor mode?
Message 1 of 28 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: How tough is Survivor

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

Survivor has Smarter AI human and infected can hear better,Enemies give you more damage, supplies and ammo are very scarce even more so than on hard  i would only craft shivs for doors if i were you ,no listen mode, and you will find less melee weapons throughout the game. Oh and theres no 2x4 on that part on survivor.

TLOU

Message 2 of 28 (543 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 21, 2013

To me it was fine. Not too easy or too hard.

Message 3 of 28 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Survivor is certainly harder, but only because of a couple of things.  There are even less supplies and ammo, to the point that it often doesn't feel worthwhile to craft anything aside from healthkits and shivs.  Combat becomes even more brutal, with many guns taking you down in one hit.

This all leads to what makes Survivor great, as it becomes primarily a stealth game.  Many sections of the game I found myself unable to pass unless I learned the stealthy route, and I absolutely loved it.  It is definitely harder, but that's mostly because you have to learn to play the game differently.  For some this will be quite a challenge, as it is often easier to simply shoot every one.

Message 4 of 28 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Survivor will be quite different because of one thing: No Listen Mode. If you didn't play with Listen Mode on other difficulties, then it's not that hard or different.

Expect to get around 50-100 deaths though, the enemies can kill you with (if you have full health) around 4-5 shots with pistols, one-hit kill with the Sniper in the Suburbs and so on.

Supplies are found quite rarely, and you're probably going to have Full on, say, Bindings and be empty on Blades for like the game. Supplements & Parts are the same on every difficulty.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 5 of 28 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Aug 21, 2013
I'm doing my training in hard mode so, I am getting very good at stealth
Message 6 of 28 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Aug 21, 2013
If supplies and ammo are few are far between, then there are a few points in the game that must be very difficult, were you have to go all out gunning, I won't mention them for spoilers, because I don't know how to do spoiler tags. Can someone tell me how to use the spoiler tags and can you do them on your phone?
Message 7 of 28 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 21, 2013

PhillyK87 wrote:
If supplies and ammo are few are far between, then there are a few points in the game that must be very difficult, were you have to go all out gunning, I won't mention them for spoilers, because I don't know how to do spoiler tags. Can someone tell me how to use the spoiler tags and can you do them on your phone?

I think you can do them on phone if you can put HTML mode on, if you can't put it on, then it's not possible I think.

But...

Yes, there are some parts where you don't have any ammo left on guns if you frequently miss shots (I did...). There is likely to be some need for ammo even if you hit all the shots. I usually got ammo in big stacks but rarely (like 10 ammo for revolver). I didn't have much ammo e.g. on the Sniper at the Suburbs-part and I looted all the houses there was before it, finding an arrow and some ammo in the safe found in that one house.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 8 of 28 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3541 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Survivor isn't too difficult as long as you play smart. You have to now the routes the enemies take and try to make sure the enemies do not see you. On survivor I only crafted shivs, health packs, and sometimes nail bombs for bloaters. Use throwing objects to distract enemies. Also expect to die a lot at certain parts (for me I died over 10 times in the overrun safehouse in the sewers).
Message 9 of 28 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

Oh and how about that sniping part? Do I have to use more bullets to kill enemies? Or are there more to shoot down?

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 10 of 28 (477 Views)
0 Likes