Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

How will Survivor difficulty be...well, more difficult?

8 replies 423 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

Do we know what makes Survivor more difficult?

The majority of games go the easy route and just reduce your health, give your enemies more health, make them inflict more damage. I always thought that kind of "hard" difficulty was just frustrating and cheap and so I really ever replay games on harder modes

But some games like Arkham City, DMC, and Hitman Absolution actually make the game harder. In AC, the counter marker is removed so you actually have to pay attention to the thugs and watch their movements (like Batman would). In DMC, enemy spawns were remixed so you faced much tougher enmies earlier, Hitman added guards to levels so you'd have to change your methods

I always prefered games that went the latter route. You're actually forced to play smart and use better tactics. So how will Survivor work? Less health, etc,? Or better equipped enemies, less supplies, etc.?

Message 1 of 9 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: How will Survivor difficulty be...well, more difficult?

Jun 4, 2013

I remember hearing that you can not die in survivor difficulty, so basically perma death.

I have no idea if that's confirmed though, but it would make sense given the name.

Message 2 of 9 (415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 4, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I remember hearing that you can not die in survivor difficulty, so basically perma death.

I have no idea if that's confirmed though, but it would make sense given the name.

If thats real, then **bleep**

Message 3 of 9 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

If its perma death, this is gonna be the hardest platinum ever.

Message 4 of 9 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jun 4, 2013

That would be difficult and make the game more terrifying. I don't think they would do that.. has any game done that? Aside from nes type games.. Those games had to do that to make the games last longer. No hud would be really nice.. No crosshair reticle.. Basically nothing on the screen but the environment and characters. Less supplies stronger enemies.. smarter enemies. Nukes

Message 5 of 9 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

SnugglyKitten wrote:

That would be difficult and make the game more terrifying. I don't think they would do that.. has any game done that? Aside from nes type games.. Those games had to do that to make the games last longer. No hud would be really nice.. No crosshair reticle.. Basically nothing on the screen but the environment and characters. Less supplies stronger enemies.. smarter enemies. Nukes

Dead Space 2 and 3 did it, and it was the most frustrating experience ever as those games were filled with quick time events and flying sequences that just ughrage.

I hope the difficulty is more like your idea, perma death can be fun but not only is it rage inducuing it's also extremely easy to bypass (backing up saves)

Message 6 of 9 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I'm thinking Survival mode would be like Fallout NV hardcore mode, where you thirst and hunger.

Message 7 of 9 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Yeah that would be extreme frustrating, especially with the clickers that can insta-kill you if you don't have shiv master. We'll see. I'm sure they'll be forcing you to play with listen mode off.. They better. I'm not going to use that either way but still should be forced off in survival+. No hud is what I want, just the game.. no prompts. No help whatsoever.

Message 8 of 9 (373 Views)
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Neil and Bruce will be facecaming while you play, constantly berating you eventually causing pressure to mount so high you snap and break all of your stuff into four identical pieces.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 9 of 9 (367 Views)