Jul 10 2013
By: ManatuBear Lombax Warrior 199 posts

Hyper speed glitch?

5 replies 228 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

Yesterday i was playing SP, just started NG+ and all was going normal until i got to the Cargo chapter, where Joel and Tess are looking for the guy that has their weapons. From there, whenever i tried to sprint, Joel had hyper speed, it was like watching Benny Hill. I eventually quit and tried MP, as soon as the game loaded (lakeview set), it froze... so after a reset i re-tried and this time it loaded alright (Universtity), but still with the stupid hyper speed problem. In my game i was running, again Benny Hill style, other teammates said that i was just teleporting very fast all over the place. If it had happened only on MP i would assume it was a connection issue, but it started on SP. I gave up and turned the ps3 off.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Editor/Organizer
Message 1 of 6 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: Hyper speed glitch?

Jul 10, 2013

I have experienced this only once in the SP. However on MP I have had a few matches where I was able to start earlier than everyone else. Like when the when match starts and the camera is still zooming in on the players, I would be able to start running already at that point. I figured I might have been the host but I'm not sure.

Message 2 of 6 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I had hyperspeed once in singleplayer, it was just for a second in the Tommy's Dam segment in the second to last room before mounting the horses. I assume that closing the game and restarting it would fix it.

Message 3 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 10, 2013
This happened to me twice. Didn't bother me tho
Message 4 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 10, 2013

lol , ok. Its not my ps3 dying then, that was my main worry.

It was actually funny watching Joel running like the old Benny Hill show, the only thing lacking was a policeman chasing him.

Editor/Organizer
Message 5 of 6 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I've had this issue in MP a few times, but only when in very close proximity to my teammates. I always figured it was a netcode issue, just like how in BF3 if two teammates are running or driving or flying right next to eachother, their speeds will spas out until they distance themselves. But if it's in the SP too then that wouldn't be the issue... interesting.

Message 6 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes