Wastelander
624 posts

Re: I Hope......... (Multiplayer)

Apr 5, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Co-op can enduce even more trolling than competitive, I think. People trying to score more than their team-mates can cause people to do stupid things. Hopefully there's no self-scoring in co-op. It's never made sense to me to have individual scores in a co-operative environment.

Very true, I encountered some real pathetic scum in Uncharted, too eager to have the highest kill count - one guy hunted me down the entire match once - another rage quit the moment I snatched the Hammer on Museum.

It's a shame indeed, but I think people may have a different attitude in The Last of Us given there are rash consequences for just being stupid. - I'm not entirely sure about removing individual scores entirely, I'd still like to be recognised for say getting the most revives or most time spent un-detected. Maybe medals or badges? At least then there'd be something to make you stand out for your abilities

Message 11 of 13 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13774 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I'm expecting it to be good.

I'm not expecting it to change how we look at multiplayer. I've already played a lot of these infected vs humans games.

With Left 4 Dead's concept being way ahead of everyone elses.

Message 12 of 13 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Yeah that's cool - I'm all for rewarding people for their teamwork-based contributions.
Message 13 of 13 (67 Views)
0 Likes