Do you mean 
Wastelander
595 posts

Re: I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!! Spoiler Ahead

Feb 14, 2014

racetrack9 wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

khknight wrote:
Have u guys checked the youtube comments over this cutscene? The homophobes are losing their minds over this,
Saying **bleep** like

**bleep** naughty dog, they ruined the game.
Ellie and riley is going to hell for this
I hate this game now cause shes lesbian

And other crap like that, i cant believe how legit upset people are over this.

Whats next? The westboro baptist church or gonna burn a pile of TLOU discs and ps3's? I would not be suprised if they did

Doesn't surprise me.  There are a lot of homophobes.  It wouldn't bother me that she's a lesbian, but I don't necessarily think she is.  The reason is.. Ellie has no friends.  Her only friend is Riley.  She loves Riley.  And in that moment of finding out she was staying, she kissed her.  Does that mean she's a lesbian?  It could mean that.  Or it could also mean she's a young teenager experimenting, or a young girl showing affection for someone she loves.   Idk.. I don't necessarily think she's a lesbian because of the kiss. 

Pretty much how I feel. One kiss isn't enough evidence to make suggestions about someones sexuality, especially when you factor in the circumstances they were in. It was more an expression of joy I think

I'm watching the spoilercast with Neil Druckman and Bruce Straley on IGN.  Looks like Ellie was attracted to Riley.  So most likely is a lesbian or at the very least bi.  I'm cool with it.  Gotta give Naughty Dog credit for taking a risk like that knowing all the homophobes and people that could freak out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 63 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Feb 14, 2014

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

racetrack9 wrote:

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

khknight wrote:
Have u guys checked the youtube comments over this cutscene? The homophobes are losing their minds over this,
Saying **bleep** like

**bleep** naughty dog, they ruined the game.
Ellie and riley is going to hell for this
I hate this game now cause shes lesbian

And other crap like that, i cant believe how legit upset people are over this.

Whats next? The westboro baptist church or gonna burn a pile of TLOU discs and ps3's? I would not be suprised if they did

Doesn't surprise me.  There are a lot of homophobes.  It wouldn't bother me that she's a lesbian, but I don't necessarily think she is.  The reason is.. Ellie has no friends.  Her only friend is Riley.  She loves Riley.  And in that moment of finding out she was staying, she kissed her.  Does that mean she's a lesbian?  It could mean that.  Or it could also mean she's a young teenager experimenting, or a young girl showing affection for someone she loves.   Idk.. I don't necessarily think she's a lesbian because of the kiss. 

Pretty much how I feel. One kiss isn't enough evidence to make suggestions about someones sexuality, especially when you factor in the circumstances they were in. It was more an expression of joy I think

I'm watching the spoilercast with Neil Druckman and Bruce Straley on IGN.  Looks like Ellie was attracted to Riley.  So most likely is a lesbian or at the very least bi.  I'm cool with it.  Gotta give Naughty Dog credit for taking a risk like that knowing all the homophobes and people that could freak out. 

+1, think it was well executed.

Though at the end... I was tkinking one more kiss maybe :/

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 63 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1630 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

CreditDue wrote:
Sure she just wasn't ovetcome with emotion as a result of Riley deciding to stay?

Yep. This is what could have also have happened. Just becuse she kissed RIley, doesn't mean she's a Lesbian. It might mean that, it might not, but as of now, all we know is that she kissed Riley.

I'm not against it, I just don't think there's enough solid proof to say that she is, or isn't.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 63 (448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2014

I don't think she's a lesbian at all. It was more like a friendly kiss. ALSO weren't they checking out Winston when they saw his picture?

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 63 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Feb 15, 2014

She's a lesbian.

Go watch Beyond on IGN.

End of story.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 63 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Beheshti wrote:

She's a lesbian.

Go watch Beyond on IGN.

End of story.

I now strongly agree Ellie is in fact Lesbian.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 63 (324 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Feb 15, 2014

To be honest, as soon as I began the DLC story I knew there was 'something' between Ellie and Riley. I was like 'oh yeah, there's definitely strong feelings between those two'. I didn't ever see them as a 'sisterly' friendship or even the average 'BFF' type of friendship, just the way they acted around each other was like two teens who like each other a lot spending time together. And as soon as they kissed well I was like 'I knew it.' However, this doesn't entirely mean Ellie is full on gay. We haven't seen her relationships with other girls or boys her age, so we don't know for sure if she's 100% gay but it's pretty obvious that she is definitely into girls(or just a special thing for Riley). Maybe boys too, we just haven't seen that part of her. But if ND confirms Ellie is totally gay, I'm absolutely fine with it. I thought her and Riley were adorable. 

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 63 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Feb 15, 2014

My only problem with this is that it undermines Ellie's coming of age story in the original campaign. 

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 63 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Sejborg wrote:

My only problem with this is that it undermines Ellie's coming of age story in the original campaign. 

How so? 

I thought ND made it obvious Ellie's experience with Riley changed her and prepared her for the trials and tribulations with Joel.

Before Left Behind, Ellie was a carefree teenager who goofed around in a mall.  Now she knows better, she's learned her lesson.  The game is called Left Behind for a few reasons.  One of them is Ellie leaving behind her childhood.  Also, Ellie had to leave behind Riley and there was nothing she could do to save someone she loved.  Ellie also had to leave Joel behind temporarily to find a way to save him. Unlike Riley, there was a chance to save Joel.  So she did everything she could save someone she loved.  That's why they showed the parallel between both stories.   Her experience with Riley prepared her for the main campaign.  I don't think it undermined it at all, it gave us insight.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 63 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Sejborg wrote:

May I ask how exactly it does that?

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 63 (261 Views)
0 Likes