Aug 29 2013
By: Archangel_USMC First Son 4 posts

I cried and I am not ashamed

57 replies 1110 views Edited Aug 29, 2013

I may be late on this (potential/already steablished) bandwagon because I really didn't think of forums for this game until I found them (stupid me). But, the game is so beautiful that I cried at the giraffe part. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 58 (1,110 Views)
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Re: I cried and I am not ashamed

Aug 29, 2013

The Giraffe segment made you cry?? You pansy.

Nah in all seriousness it was emotional, a lot of other people cried in that segment, except for my heartless @ss. You're not alone bud. Besides, confessing to crying is more manly than trying not too. I think.

Message 2 of 58 (1,106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 29, 2013

its a pretty cool part .... plus the game has pretty cool graphics 2 nicelydone NDhitman-reborn.jpg

Kneel before god kira
Message 3 of 58 (1,090 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Aug 29, 2013
I cried throughout the whole game, especially Sarah's death and the Giraffe scene. Smiley Sad
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The worlds been hard on us…hard on him. Joel’s done some terrible things. He tells me that on this journey, you either hang on to your morals and die, or do whatever it takes to survive.”
— Ellie (The Last of Us)
Message 4 of 58 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5100 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Got a little choked up in the beginning with Sarah. The wife was a wreck.

Message 5 of 58 (1,028 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 29, 2013

The part with Sarah in the beggining and carrying Ellie out of the hospital at the end almost got me (Choked up a little but no tears). During the giraffe part I was just very relaxed being able see some beautiful non clicker infected scenery 

Message 6 of 58 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Aug 29, 2013

My daughter is right in that age range that Sarah and Ellie is, hard not to imagine her in those situations.  I will freely admit to the room getting a little dusty when Sarah was killed, when Joel held Ellie after killing David and in the hospital.  My wife turned into an outright sprinkler on those parts and a few others.

Message 7 of 58 (959 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 30, 2013

TLoU never had me crying, but not because it wasn't powerful enough or because I am "too much of a man."  I hate that bs.

No, I've cried during other games such as Heavy Rain and Mass Effect 2 & 3, but in TLoU the atmosphere wasn't quite right, as far as my tear ducts are concerned.  There was too much as stake, and I was too invested.  There wasn't time to cry, because I had to keep moving forward to protect Joel and Ellie.

Message 8 of 58 (913 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Mr. OP, I would be worried if you did not cry during the game or at least feel sad emotions. It is not unmanly to shed tears for a game this great.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 9 of 58 (908 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Aug 30, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

TLoU never had me crying, but not because it wasn't powerful enough or because I am "too much of a man."  I hate that bs.

No, I've cried during other games such as Heavy Rain and Mass Effect 2 & 3, but in TLoU the atmosphere wasn't quite right, as far as my tear ducts are concerned.  There was too much as stake, and I was too invested.  There wasn't time to cry, because I had to keep moving forward to protect Joel and Ellie.

I actually like this......I felt the same way at the last hospital sequence.....no tears at all.  It was all business and absolute rage on my part..I slaughtered everything on my race to rescue Ellie......I also didnt know that you didnt have to kill all of the surgeons staff on my first run through.....ooops my mistake >}  ...not that I cared at all.  All I know was at the end of my first play through I sat and watched all the credits roll by (never do that in a game) and I just thought about the ending.....trying to just understand every side of it and I realized just how amazing/moving this game truly is.

Message 10 of 58 (902 Views)
0 Likes