Splicer
50 posts

Re: I cried and I am not ashamed

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

I cried over 10 times, and teared up several times in my first playthrough alone, and I' am not even slightley ashamed. I' am on my third run and I still cry on certain parts. I think why this story hits me so hard is because I have a lot in common with Ellie and Joel, so I can connect with them very easily.

I wish I could list them all in detail, but here are some of the most emotional parts for me.

Spoiler
1: Sarah's death

2: Tess's death

3: The time between when Ellie shoots the hunter and Joel gives her the pistol

4: Sam's and Henry's deaths

5: Finding the fate of Ish's sewer community

6: When you have to chase after Ellie on horseback

7: The "I' am not her" cinematic

8: The whole "Adios" cinematic

9: The whole university section when Joel is hurt

10: When Joel falls unconsious and Ellie begins to panic

11: The beggining of winter when you don't know if Joel is alive, and then Ellie says "medicine" (I was crying and cheering)

12: When Ellie kills David and Joel calls her "his baby girl"

13: The beggining of Spring. You can clearly tell Ellie is depressed

14: The giraffe segment

15: When Ellie almost drowns

16: The entire hospital chapter, coupled with the second last cinematic broke me in half

17: The walk through the hills and the final cinematic made me cry for a good 10 minutes

18: Ellie's jokes

19: The "high five" 

20: The ride to Pittsburg cinematic

21: When Ellie gives Joel the photo

22: The artifacts in Ellie's backpack

23: The "ugh I' am so hungry" line

24: The conversations between Bill and Ellie

25: The overall development of Joel's and Ellie's relationship and character throughout the game

There is just so much in this masterpiece, that you cant get emotional. Some of the best parts are the small things, like when Joel looks down at his watch, Ellie trying to balance on the sidewalk, or seeing the half covered body of a childs remains. Even when Joel leaves Ellie with Maria you can tell how uncomfortable she is because she's going to be "alone".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Man...I shot the hell outta that guy, huh? " - Ellie (The Last of Us)

Message 11 of 58 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 31, 2013

shyINnoVation wrote:

I cried over 10 times, and teared up several times in my first playthrough alone, and I' am not even slightley ashamed. I' am on my third run and I still cry on certain parts. I think why this story hits me so hard is because I have a lot in common with Ellie and Joel, so I can connect with them very easily.

I wish I could list them all in detail, but here are some of the most emotional parts for me.

Spoiler

1: Sarah's death

2: Tess's death

3: The time between when Ellie shoots the hunter and Joel gives her the pistol

4: Sam's and Henrey's deaths

5: Finding the fate of Ish's sewer community

6: When you have to chase after Ellie on horseback

7: The "I' am not her" cinematic

8: The whole "Adios" cinematic

9: The whole university section when Joel is hert

10: When Joel falls unconsious and Ellie begins to panic

11: The beggining of winter when you don't know if Joel is alive, and then Ellie says "medicine" (I was crying and cheering)

12: When Ellie kills David and Joel calls her "his baby girl"

13: The beggining of Spring. You can clearly tell Ellie is depressed

14: The giraffe segment

15: When Ellie almost drowns

16: The entire hospital chapter, coupled with the second last cinematic broke me in half

17: The walk through the hills and the final cinematic made me cry for a good 10 minutes

18: Ellie's jokes

19: The "high five" 

20: The ride to Pittsburg cinematic

21: When Ellie gives Joel the photo

22: The artifacts in Ellie's backpack

23: The "ugh I' am so hungry" line

24: The conversations between Bill and Ellie

25: The overall development of Joel's and Ellie's relationship and character throughout the game

There is just so much in this masterpiece, that you cant get emotional. Some of the best parts are the small things, like when Joel looks down at his watch, Ellie trying to balance on the sidewalk, or seeing the half covered body of a childs remains. Even when Joel leaves Ellie with Maria you can tell how uncomfortable she is because she's going to be "alone".

32473527.jpg

Have fun dealing with all the people who got spoiled. Putting that part in spoiler tags in my post because I don't feel like participating in spoiling the game. :smileytongue:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 12 of 58 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Aug 31, 2013

^ Thanks, I knew I forgot something :smileyembarrassed:

However this thread screams spoilers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Man...I shot the hell outta that guy, huh? " - Ellie (The Last of Us)

Message 13 of 58 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11236 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Archangel_USMC wrote:

the game is so beautiful that I cried at the giraffe part. Anyone else?

It's okay, stranger. <3

I didn't cry because i was on medication.

Message 14 of 58 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Ain't nothing wrong with shedding a little tears now and then. But I know I was screaming at the TV when Ellie went ape mode on Davids face! Like "Ooooh Yeahhh"
Message 15 of 58 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Well i cried the whole game inside of me..
this game touched me on many ways. After more than 15+ walk troughs i didn't got tired of this game. And yes well, this game invite's me always to cry one round again. :smileywink:
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 16 of 58 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah well all memorable teary moments include Ellie.
In fact every scene that included her was interesting one way or another.
Just saying...
Message 17 of 58 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Sep 1, 2013

I was too **bleep** off at the fireflies with 5,000 lbs of armor and 30,000 bullets at the hospital part on survivor. I attempted that part ALTEAST 14 times until I switched it to easy, beat it with no problem, and then a day later, replay the level back on Survivor and get my plaid shirts and proud of mah trophy. But yes, Sarah's death and the "I'm not her" cutscenes made me **bleep** at everything happening in their world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 18 of 58 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3875 posts

Sep 1, 2013

I teared up during the giraffe scene, the ranch house, and listenening to the music during the credits.  That is the first time that I have watched all the credits in a game.  I just didn't want the game to end;

Message 19 of 58 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Sep 1, 2013

LOL "I cried at the giraffe part" That's awesome. I did cry throughout the game. but not the giraffe part. :'D

Message 20 of 58 (258 Views)
0 Likes