Wastelander
595 posts

Re: I don't care what critics say. This game is better than GTA V.

Sep 26, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Here's the thing. I'm having much more fun on GTA V than I did on TLoU - but that is because TLoU wasn't really fun to play, at all. It was a heart wrenching, sit on the end of your seat, anxiety inducing, emotional roller coaster of a game. When the credits rolled, all of my feels were gone. It was bleak and unpleasant, powerful.

TLoU is far superior to any game I've ever experienced because of this, and GTA V is just fun without the emotion. Two totally different concepts of game and it irks me whenever people try to compare them.

Totally agree.  The Last of Us wasn't a fun game because it wasn't meant to be fun.  I like TLOU more too. 

Message 21 of 28 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Gta V does have a story dude. It has a more comical feel to it but stop trashing it like that. Hell even GTA 4 had a good and deep story but everything else about it sucked. Gta V shouldn't be compared to TLOU anyway and your telling me TLOU is original? Pssh, yeah okay.
Message 22 of 28 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 26, 2013

AncientAttero wrote:

Take heart that Rockstar in their marketing and development never sought to be better than The Last of Us. People are just looking for the new best thing. And until ND puts out a sequel, not a single upcoming game can capture what this game accomplished. Its unqiue in every way.

And personally i hate people that compare two games from different genres and visions. Like comparing COD with Battlefield. Yeah borh of them are FPS and modern, but one aims for hollywood moments and fast gameplay while the other drops you in the middle of a semi-realistic open battlefield.

So you hate when people compare two different games like COD and Battlefield - and then you went on and compared the two games. Cool.

Message 23 of 28 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Sep 26, 2013

TLOU still has an amazingly high score. Metacritic alone has collaborated 98 reviews while GTA has around 40. That's definately going to give GTA the advantage.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 24 of 28 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 27, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

TLOU still has an amazingly high score (and that after 4 mounts). Metacritic alone has collaborated 98 reviews while GTA has around 40. That's definately going to give GTA the advantage.

Now TLOU has a higher score than GTA V. Get you facts right. GTA V doesn't have that many reviews yet than TLOU.

In 4 mounts you will see that GTA V doesn't have that amazing score you guys proud of it yet.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 25 of 28 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

Who cares if GTA V has a higher Metacritic score? Reviewers don't always get it right and the Metascore certainly isn't the definitive final verdict on a game.

Think about this - Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 was the no1 highest rated PS1 game on Metacritic ahead of games such as Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7 and Resident Evil 2.

Message 26 of 28 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Sep 27, 2013
I think Beyond has a serious potential to become a very good story driven game.
It is a game movie hybrid, but I liked the demo.
Message 27 of 28 (93 Views)
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 27, 2013

conquerator3 wrote:
I think Beyond has a serious potential to become a very good story driven game.
It is a game movie hybrid, but I liked the demo.

Beyond: Two Souls will be a great game : )

but i don't think that this story can be that emotional than The Last Of Us.

(That doesn't mean that this game will be suck just saying.)

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 28 of 28 (87 Views)
0 Likes