Sep 22 2013
By: supersyeed First Son 8 posts

I don't care what critics say. This game is better than GTA V.

27 replies 831 views Edited Sep 22, 2013

I'm sorry. But this game is original unlike GTA V. Which is basicly just oh take this phone call oh drive here oh mission starts oh drive here oh shoot this guy oh run from cops oh lose cops and oh you beat the game. Not only that, but TLOU has an ACTUAL story unlike GTA V which just spams a bunch of the typical American stereotypes with sex jokes here and there and then paying off some rich Arab dude in the most unfunny tryhard dialouge I have seen in game history. Yes, you can easily relate to the characters in GTA V because you're etheir a rich white dude, a gangbangin black guy who has under-developed English, or some physco hillbilly sociopath with no care for the world around him. The Last Of Us has actual characters who you can get in to and wonder about their life before and after the events of the game. You know, characters you can CARE about. Who cares if GTA V  sold 1 bil? So did Call of Duty. It's all about labels. If they were to release GTA Six next year with the same story and a little update to the graphics it would still get the same ratings as GTA V did. I posted this here because there's been a lot of discussion about it and I'm just giving my two cents. If you like GTA V better, cheers to ya mate. Just saying which game I think is better.

Message 1 of 28 (831 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: I don't care what critics say. This game is better than GTA V.

Sep 22, 2013

I agree with everything you've said, but what does it matter?
Regardless of how shallow some of us see the franchise to be, there are a great amount of gamers that love it.  To each his own and I can only hope that anyone who has played TLoU this summer, and now enjoys GTAV this autumn, will desire to return to TLoU now and then.  I feel it deserves enough respect to be unshelved once or twice a year.

I've thought this about a lot of games, but so far only three have earned this for me, and that's including TLoU.  I can't wait to find out if I play the game again in 2015.  I select that year because the SP DLC likely won't be released until 2014, which means the game will get another play in a new year but not for the reason of respect, and therefore it gets discounted for my criteria.  Only time will tell!

Hopefuly after the hype of GTAV fades out the MP for TLoU will be beefed up with its two DLC packs and more patches as well.

Message 2 of 28 (801 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Take heart that Rockstar in their marketing and development never sought to be better than The Last of Us. People are just looking for the new best thing. And until ND puts out a sequel, not a single upcoming game can capture what this game accomplished. Its unqiue in every way.

And personally i hate people that compare two games from different genres and visions. Like comparing COD with Battlefield. Yeah borh of them are FPS and modern, but one aims for hollywood moments and fast gameplay while the other drops you in the middle of a semi-realistic open battlefield.

Message 3 of 28 (772 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Sep 22, 2013

you can't really compare those games, but I agree, I don't get what people like about GTA V, it's offensive, generic and boring (in my opinion)

Message 4 of 28 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Sep 22, 2013
well the only reason gta 5 got that good reviews was becuase it had the gta tag on it. Even if the game turned out to be bad it would still get good reviews. A prime example of that is gta 4. But to be honest gta 5 is still an amazing game infact its the best in the series but i still think tlou is better.
Message 5 of 28 (740 Views)
Naughty Paw
11600 posts

Sep 22, 2013
The fanboyism...

IT BURNS!!!!!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 6 of 28 (721 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Sep 22, 2013

GTA is more of a goof around game that is just a lot of fun.

TLOU is a story.

Message 7 of 28 (708 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Sep 22, 2013

I don't know why people insist on comparing the two games. It's kind of like saying Windows is better than PB&J sandwiches. They serve entirely different purposes.

Message 8 of 28 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Sep 22, 2013

As many others have already said the comparison is a bit pointless when the games are different genres and offer such different experiences. Perhaps a better comparison is another open world game like Fallout 3 (and Fallout 3 blows GTA out of the water in my opinion). 

My real problem with GTA is just the fact that it is so, so overrated. I think it was 98% on Metacritic last time I looked. Are you ffing kidding me? A good game yes and ther's lots to do but a lot of it is boring. As supersyeed said many of the missions are samey and repetitive, the side games are boring and will be played no more then once and the less said about the plot and hammy acting the better.The worst thing is that I read one review that basically agreed with everything I just said. The score? 10/10. Says it all really.

Message 9 of 28 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Sep 22, 2013
You can Smiley Very Happy
I prefer sandwiches to windows but that's just me ;P
Message 10 of 28 (686 Views)
0 Likes