Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Re: I don't care what critics say. This game is better than GTA V.

Sep 22, 2013
You can't even compare the two games. They're in different categories. TLoU is still king, but on order for that to stay that way, they need to release a sequel, or a **bleep** fine DLC, and not the MP DLC, Mp is crap enough on it's own. They need to expand on the campaign.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 22, 2013

supersyeed wrote:

I'm sorry. But this game is original unlike GTA V. Which is basicly just oh take this phone call oh drive here oh mission starts oh drive here oh shoot this guy oh run from cops oh lose cops and oh you beat the game. Not only that, but TLOU has an ACTUAL story unlike GTA V which just spams a bunch of the typical American stereotypes with sex jokes here and there and then paying off some rich Arab dude in the most unfunny tryhard dialouge I have seen in game history. Yes, you can easily relate to the characters in GTA V because you're etheir a rich white dude, a gangbangin black guy who has under-developed English, or some physco hillbilly sociopath with no care for the world around him. The Last Of Us has actual characters who you can get in to and wonder about their life before and after the events of the game. You know, characters you can CARE about. Who cares if GTA V  sold 1 bil? So did Call of Duty. It's all about labels. If they were to release GTA Six next year with the same story and a little update to the graphics it would still get the same ratings as GTA V did. I posted this here because there's been a lot of discussion about it and I'm just giving my two cents. If you like GTA V better, cheers to ya mate. Just saying which game I think is better.

You know what? It doesn't matter, what other's says, and I know nobody want to here this now, but while everyone fall in love with GTA, The Last Of Us take a place in my heart. Sounds gay maybe it is, but this is my way to go.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Sep 22, 2013

I think both GTAV and Last of Us are amazing, but I like The Last of Us more.   That's my personal GOTY.  Sadly, I don't think The Last of Us has a chance of beating GTA V for GOTY on most major sites or award shows (VGA).  GTA is too popular and mainstream.  Everyone plays GTA and Last of Us isn't a very big game in comparison.  I think most sites are going to give GOTY to GTA.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Sep 22, 2013

j_kazmi wrote:
well the only reason gta 5 got that good reviews was becuase it had the gta tag on it. Even if the game turned out to be bad it would still get good reviews. 

Totally agree. The same story was happened with Call of Duty series. Game turned into **bleep** many years ago, but still gets good reviews.

GTA 5 it's a good game, but honestly, nothing special, nothing new, this game isn't unforgettable unlike The Last of Us.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1331 posts

Sep 22, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

supersyeed wrote:

I'm sorry. But this game is original unlike GTA V. Which is basicly just oh take this phone call oh drive here oh mission starts oh drive here oh shoot this guy oh run from cops oh lose cops and oh you beat the game. Not only that, but TLOU has an ACTUAL story unlike GTA V which just spams a bunch of the typical American stereotypes with sex jokes here and there and then paying off some rich Arab dude in the most unfunny tryhard dialouge I have seen in game history. Yes, you can easily relate to the characters in GTA V because you're etheir a rich white dude, a gangbangin black guy who has under-developed English, or some physco hillbilly sociopath with no care for the world around him. The Last Of Us has actual characters who you can get in to and wonder about their life before and after the events of the game. You know, characters you can CARE about. Who cares if GTA V  sold 1 bil? So did Call of Duty. It's all about labels. If they were to release GTA Six next year with the same story and a little update to the graphics it would still get the same ratings as GTA V did. I posted this here because there's been a lot of discussion about it and I'm just giving my two cents. If you like GTA V better, cheers to ya mate. Just saying which game I think is better.

You know what? It doesn't matter, what other's says, and I know nobody want to here this now, but while everyone fall in love with GTA, The Last Of Us take a place in my heart. Sounds gay maybe it is, but this is my way to go.

It's not gay... Many feel that way, me included.

+ What TheNobleSquirrel said... I love that name :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

j_kazmi wrote:
well the only reason gta 5 got that good reviews was becuase it had the gta tag on it. Even if the game turned out to be bad it would still get good reviews. 

Totally agree. The same story was happened with Call of Duty series. Game turned into **bleep** many years ago, but still gets good reviews.

GTA 5 it's a good game, but honestly, nothing special, nothing new, this game isn't unforgettable unlike The Last of Us.

This. And Seriosly, in my opinion it's unfair to give sequels of sequels a GOTY.

A GOTY should get games there are brand new. 

But this is why I personal don't care about GOTY.

I buyed TLOU 3 Times, GTA5 just 1 times. 

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Sep 23, 2013
Lol OP only watched playthroughs of GTA V on Youtube.
OP log off, play the game till the ending(s) and then come back here...
I appreciate The Last of Us and GTA V equally, and the stories for both games were good and props to Naughty Dog for doing something original and amazing, but i doubt TLoU is gonna win against GTA V for GOTY...
Btw both games were good in their own way!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Sep 23, 2013

It's based on opinions. You can't control what the critics think, the same way they can't control what you think. An opinion is an opinion. Someone can say a movie sucks, but I can say it's awesome. Just because I think it's awesome doesn't mean the guy got it wrong when he said it sucks. I LOVE The Last of Us, and it left a lasting impression on me. Both GTA V and TLoU are my GOTY's. GTA V is probably the most ambitious game I've ever played. GTA Online will seal the deal on that, mark my words.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Sep 24, 2013

It's a funny concept when you think about it though. You can't change what the critics think, that's true.

But if you're a publisher, you can change what the critics SAY :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2350 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Here's the thing. I'm having much more fun on GTA V than I did on TLoU - but that is because TLoU wasn't really fun to play, at all. It was a heart wrenching, sit on the end of your seat, anxiety inducing, emotional roller coaster of a game. When the credits rolled, all of my feels were gone. It was bleak and unpleasant, powerful.

TLoU is far superior to any game I've ever experienced because of this, and GTA V is just fun without the emotion. Two totally different concepts of game and it irks me whenever people try to compare them.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (129 Views)
0 Likes