Feb 16 2014
By: Shiny_Pony_ Lombax Warrior 143 posts

I don't get the Spoogefest

36 replies 437 views Edited Feb 16, 2014

Is it just me?

The gameplay introduced no new elements.  No new play style.  no new solutions.  Introduced a water gun.   Whoop.

Crawl around picking up supplies, make things, shoot bad guys.

One interesting new thing, using noise to lure infected onto enemies.

Character development?  Well, watching cutscenes... you can do that on Lifetime channel or ABC Family, if you want coming of age stories about teen girls.

Sorry.  Not feeling it like you fans.  $15 for this?

Message 1 of 37 (437 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: I don't get the Spoogefest

Feb 16, 2014

Get out.

The call for a companion in a post-apocalypse is needed in order to survive and die together with.
Message 2 of 37 (436 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 16, 2014

I think knowing that this is it for the game adds to the disappointment.

This is the last memory of TLoU SP.

Message 3 of 37 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Feb 16, 2014

McLean1984 wrote:

Oh come on!

I was a little edgy at first, I thought this wouldn't be an good DLC since I wanted Joel to be the point of it. Sorta of why I didn't get on the DLC at the first instant so I waited another day where i would feel like playing it and it came as an surprise that it was actually pretty good, much better than I expected.

The call for a companion in a post-apocalypse is needed in order to survive and die together with.
Message 4 of 37 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 16, 2014

tomtix wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

Oh come on!

I was a little edgy at first, I thought this wouldn't be an good DLC since I wanted Joel to be the point of it. Sorta of why I didn't get on the DLC at the first instant so I waited another day where i would feel like playing it and it came as an surprise that it was actually pretty good, much better than I expected.

There are certain people who hate on the DLC here and if you call them out they label you a troll so... I won't Smiley Tongue

Anyway, the DLC was definitely as good as the core game. A bit different, yes. but in a goood way IMO :]

Message 5 of 37 (418 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

Is it just me?

The gameplay introduced no new elements.  No new play style.  no new solutions.  Introduced a water gun.   Whoop.

uh... yes it did.  You can now lure infected against humans.

Naughty Dog advertised this game as a short side story to flesh out the campaign.  It did that.  It fleshed out Ellie's character and motivation and it answered how Ellie saved Joel before the winter chapter.  Also those two stories said something about each other.  I thought it was powerful.  My slight gripe with it was the length.  Wish it was longer.  But quality over quantity I guess.    I think the DLC was awesome.
Message 6 of 37 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 16, 2014

tomtix wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

Oh come on!

I guess it depends on what you expected.

When I discovered ND only intended to release a single SP DLC drop I was excited as to what they would explore as there was so many possibilities and characters that could have been the focus and enriched the story and universe of TLoU. When it was revealed that it was going to focus on the Riley/Ellie relationship that pre-dated the main game narrative, I was really hoping they would approach something fresh and new and not cover the pieces we already knew of, but that's exactly what they did.

The small moments of kids joking around in the shopping centre is sweet, but the atmosphere is so unreal and contrived and false. ND have tried to fit a lot into a short story and, for me, the impact and emotion doesn't work like it did in TLoU.  It wasn't in any way helped by the really unlikeable Riley character.

The combat section was fine gameplay, nothing new or different with the exception of a few cool moments. It was though completely uneeded as a bridge between two chapters in the main game.

Message 7 of 37 (409 Views)
Naughty Paw
11457 posts

Feb 16, 2014
I don't get it either.

People are even saying it's better than the main game lmao.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 8 of 37 (409 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

Sir, Have you ever heard of the word opinion?

“I might have laughed, if I had remembered how".– Max Payne
Message 9 of 37 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 16, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
I don't get it either.

People are even saying it's better than the main game lmao.

Strangely, some of the reviews have marked it better than the main game too.

Message 10 of 37 (399 Views)
0 Likes