Wastelander
595 posts

Re: I don't get the Spoogefest

Feb 16, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
I don't get it either.

People are even saying it's better than the main game lmao.

Well, it's definitely not better than the main campaign.  But I enjoyed it.  I would give it an 8.5/10.

Message 11 of 37 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

Is it just me?

The gameplay introduced no new elements.  No new play style.  no new solutions.  Introduced a water gun.   Whoop.

Crawl around picking up supplies, make things, shoot bad guys.

One interesting new thing, using noise to lure infected onto enemies.

Character development?  Well, watching cutscenes... you can do that on Lifetime channel or ABC Family, if you want coming of age stories about teen girls.

Sorry.  Not feeling it like you fans.  $15 for this?

Im with you on this one man, sad to say tho cuz i bloody love The Last of Us but this? this was really a no no for me and isnt worth 15$ at all

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 12 of 37 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Feb 16, 2014

McLean1984 wrote:

tomtix wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

I think knowing that this is it for the game adds to the disappointment.

This is the last memory of TLoU SP.

Oh come on!

I was a little edgy at first, I thought this wouldn't be an good DLC since I wanted Joel to be the point of it. Sorta of why I didn't get on the DLC at the first instant so I waited another day where i would feel like playing it and it came as an surprise that it was actually pretty good, much better than I expected.

I guess it depends on what you expected.

When I discovered ND only intended to release a single SP DLC drop I was excited as to what they would explore as there was so many possibilities and characters that could have been the focus and enriched the story and universe of TLoU. When it was revealed that it was going to focus on the Riley/Ellie relationship that pre-dated the main game narrative, I was really hoping they would approach something fresh and new and not cover the pieces we already knew of, but that's exactly what they did.

The small moments of kids joking around in the shopping centre is sweet, but the atmosphere is so unreal and contrived and false. ND have tried to fit a lot into a short story and, for me, the impact and emotion doesn't work like it did in TLoU.  It wasn't in any way helped by the really unlikeable Riley character.

The combat section was fine gameplay, nothing new or different with the exception of a few cool moments. It was though completely uneeded as a bridge between two chapters in the main game.

The same way I feel about it

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 13 of 37 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Expectations determine everything, therefore bit's better to expect little to none and be delighted Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 37 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 16, 2014

tomtix wrote:

Get out.

You forgot to say "don't come back, either." Smiley Very Happy

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 15 of 37 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 16, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

tomtix wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

Oh come on!

I was a little edgy at first, I thought this wouldn't be an good DLC since I wanted Joel to be the point of it. Sorta of why I didn't get on the DLC at the first instant so I waited another day where i would feel like playing it and it came as an surprise that it was actually pretty good, much better than I expected.

There are certain people who hate on the DLC here and if you call them out they label you a troll so... I won't Smiley Tongue

Anyway, the DLC was definitely as good as the core game. A bit different, yes. but in a goood way IMO :]

TROLL! Smiley Very Happy

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 16 of 37 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

Is it just me?

The gameplay introduced no new elements.  No new play style.  no new solutions.  Introduced a water gun.   Whoop.

uh... yes it did.  You can now lure infected against humans.

I invite you to reread my post.

To others: sure, it's opinion.  But frankly, $15?  For an hour of the same gameply and some cutscenes?  Not worth it, in my opinion.

I didn't really have any expectations.   I did enjoy the main game, but didn't replay it.   I replayed Uncharted 2 many times, but Uncharted 3 I only started a new game, never finished.

I really enjoyed the gameplay, and the fighting scenes and situations in Uncharted 2.  But the gameplay here...throw bottles, stun, knock out.   Lure with sound, shiv or strangle... I thought it too much.  Too few cool moments like the sniper rifle, or hanging upside down with the revolver.  Or Ellie with hunting rifle.

Nothing new here, except what should have been in the original: using sound to put both types of enemy together.

I am glad some others have posted here because of it.  Because, frankly, the whitewash in the positive threads bothered me.   I am glad people are happy.  We get more sales, we get more chance of similar games or a sequel.  But this didn't do it for me.

Message 17 of 37 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 16, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

tomtix wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

Oh come on!

There are certain people who hate on the DLC here and if you call them out they label you a troll so... I won't Smiley Tongue

Anyway, the DLC was definitely as good as the core game. A bit different, yes. but in a goood way IMO :]

TROLL! Smiley Very Happy

HAHA! I KNEW IT WAS YOU ALL THIS TIME, SCOUNDREL!

Message 18 of 37 (150 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 16, 2014

You obviously missed the point for the main game AND the DLC. EVERYTHING in TLOU is centered around the characters, exploring, and taking in the environment. You don't like character development? Sounds like a personal issue because the TLOU is ALL about character development.  Don't like exploring? Again, what made TLOU special was the exploring and seeing how the world went to s***. If you don't like those things, you shouldn't have bought the DLC. This DLC was worth EVERY penny.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 19 of 37 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 16, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

tomtix wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

Oh come on!

TROLL! Smiley Very Happy

HAHA! I KNEW IT WAS YOU ALL THIS TIME, SCOUNDREL!

Muhahahaha!

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 20 of 37 (129 Views)
0 Likes