Splicer
40 posts

Re: I don't get the Spoogefest

Feb 16, 2014

They didn't want to add a new element, a new playstyle. They wanted to add character development, that was the main reason for this DLC. Not for a new gun, or a new way to play. This is about Ellie, Riley, and their relationship between one another. 

Message 21 of 37 (243 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 16, 2014

MASTA-GOD_GAWD wrote:

They didn't want to add a new element, a new playstyle. They wanted to add character development, that was the main reason for this DLC. Not for a new gun, or a new way to play. This is about Ellie, Riley, and their relationship between one another. 

Exactly. People bought this DLC expecting some new combat/stealth scenario, and that's why they were let down. Instead of buying it FOR Ellie, they bought it for combat. I knew what I was getting when I bought this, so I loved the DLC.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 22 of 37 (241 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Feb 16, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

MASTA-GOD_GAWD wrote:

Exactly. People bought this DLC expecting some new combat/stealth scenario, and that's why they were let down. Instead of buying it FOR Ellie, they bought it for combat. I knew what I was getting when I bought this, so I loved the DLC.

I don't know why some people expected a new combat element... Did ND ever announce anything like this? Besides, I watched the trailer, and instantly knew nothing would change. The playstyle was already perfect, guns were fine, aiming was beautiful, it was all perfect in almost every aspect. They didn't need to change any of that, they just needed some of our questions answered in some DLC, and we got what some of us wanted Smiley Very Happy.

Message 23 of 37 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Whether you like the DLC or not, that's just a matter of opinion. But i think we can all agree it was a bit overpriced.

I myself loved the DLC, i wouldn't go all out and say it's better than the main game since it's so **bleep** short. But it was good, it wasn't trash like some people claim it to be, it was fun. Smiley Embarassed

Message 24 of 37 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

KingdomSlayah wrote:

You obviously missed the point for the main game AND the DLC. EVERYTHING in TLOU is centered around the characters, exploring, and taking in the environment. You don't like character development? Sounds like a personal issue because the TLOU is ALL about character development.  Don't like exploring? Again, what made TLOU special was the exploring and seeing how the world went to s***. If you don't like those things, you shouldn't have bought the DLC. This DLC was worth EVERY penny.

No.  I didn't miss the point.

I don't have any issue with character development.  As you'll note, again, if you read my original post.  But coming of age stories about teen girls?  Seen and done a million times, on network tv shows and cable narrowcasting.

I really don't see anything poignant. endearing, whimsical or otherwise in the DLC story.   It's difficult to do prequels.  We know what's ultimately going to happen to both girls.  It's simply not a surprise, what happens, in the end.

Did I say, anywhere, that I expected something new?  No, but I did comment that there wasn't.  If there's nothing new, no feature, it's simply an extended play of the main game.  A short, unoriginal one, costing $15.

And so it has to excel.  it didn't.  The best part of the original game was the story and character, because the gameplay was repetitive and boring.  No issue there.

I was disappointed in the poor delivery.   An opinion.    After Uncharted 3, and then this, I don't believe I will pay for any more DLC from ND games.  They've been quite disappointing.  So, yes, I agree with you that I shouldn't have paid for it.

Next time, I'll watch people play it online, save the cash.

Pity.  I would like to want to support the downloable content, not rue paying for it.

Message 25 of 37 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 16, 2014

renatabls wrote:

Whether you like the DLC or not, that's just a matter of opinion. But i think we can all agree it was a bit overpriced.

I myself loved the DLC, i wouldn't go all out and say it's better than the main game since it's so **bleep** short. But it was good, it wasn't trash like some people claim it to be, it was fun. Smiley Embarassed

Nope, I don't think it was overpriced, So..No we don't all agree

“I might have laughed, if I had remembered how".– Max Payne
Message 26 of 37 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 16, 2014
I bought it for Ellie... No regrets! Money well spent. Still the same TLoU goodness like the main game.
Nothing groundbreakingly new, a few interesting elements added that's ultimately far enough for me Smiley Wink

I pitty all those who didn't find what they were looking for ;/
Message 27 of 37 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Feb 16, 2014

YogoGamer wrote:

renatabls wrote:

Nope, I don't think it was overpriced, So..No we don't all agree

It's okay honey.

Message 28 of 37 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 16, 2014
No it's not xD
Why can't people ever come to terms?
Life would be better... I swear the whole Internet should just sit down send have a beer together ;D
Message 29 of 37 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 16, 2014

renatabls wrote:

I don't mind supporting  ND, they have after all produced undoubtedly the two best games of the last generation. They have asked a lot of the fans to pay an above average fee for DLC content.

Message 30 of 37 (180 Views)
0 Likes