Jul 25 2013
By: DannyDirtz First Son 15 posts

I feel mocked , can someone help with some info please

[ Edited ]
6 replies 406 views Edited Jul 25, 2013

I was watching a video of people playing last of us multiplayer and noticed that limbs were being blown off.

I was shocked because this does not happen on my version so i started to look into it and came across this

Showing this to 4 of my mates in a skype conference we agree that no where was this announced prior to release , therefore making us pay full price for a game lacking some content.

Now i live in the UK and had i been warned of the lack of gore then i would have certainly imported a US copy.

Also theres the fact that blood and the gore feature have been removed from our game. That is content being removed from a product we still had to pay full price for.

How are we paying the same price for a game which is lacking content?

Im not saying i would ask for a refund or discount but i would like to know who i can get in contact with about this issue of strict censorship.

As i purchased the game from the PSN store i am unable to just go and trade it  which i would have done.

Let me be clear , i am a reasonable person and understand it has nothing to do with Sony or Naughty Dog when it comes down to global age restrictions and content BUT the fact is i feel there should have been some kind of announcement before the game was released.

Considering the PS3 is region free an announcment would have allowed purchaser to choose which copy they want.

I know this may feel like a rant but i am a man who enjoys gore his games and cant for the life of me understand why the EU version didnt have the option to change gore levels for each individual players personal preference.

Anyone with any info/contact details of who i can speak to about this i would truly appreciate it.

Also if there was an announcment that the EU version of LOU would lack this content on either the Naughty Dog or Playstation website please show me so i can keep informed for future purchases.

Thanks guys.

IN ADDITION

Twisted metal was censored in EU but buyers were pre warned of the delay and censorship prior to release.

God Of War Accension was censored in EU but this was in an update and people were pre warned.

No where was there any announcment that The Last of Us would be censored in the EU.

SONY use sly wordplay to cover up censorship , read HERE

Message 1 of 7 (406 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Re: I feel mocked , can someone help with some info please

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Wait so lacking gore is lacking game content and thus should be eligible for a decrease in price? You arguing over the fact that because America gets green colored kiddy pools and europe gets blue colored kiddy pools you should get a price decrease because you want a green one and had you known when you bought the blue pool that you could have purchased a green one from America you would have gone that route........so there should be a discount on the blue pool for you.

Sorry but I have no sympathies here. You should work towards changing your own government that has decided these types of games should be censored. That or you should ALWAYS know that the game you are going to be getting is censored and you should be prepared to ALWAYS buy the American version. I fail to understand why any company should have to give you a discount because you failed to understand or research this for your own country/continent.

Message 2 of 7 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Please re read what i said

I said I AM NOT GOING TO ASK FOR A DISCOUNT OR REFUND

This is the principal that i wasnt warned about the strict censorship on the EU version before i made my purchase.

The PS3 is region free to give the option to players to choose their version.

I just want to exchange mine for the US version.

Also lacking gore is lacking content.

As limbs being blown of is an extra part of the coding and game engine.

The games feautre of limbs being blown off has been REMOVED from the EU version. Therefore content has been REMOVED.

AND one more thing , other games have not been censored. For example GEARS OF WAR franchise is the same all over the world. Limbs blow off.

Message 3 of 7 (382 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Everybody knows that. EU version of The Last Of Us multiplayer is censord. Hope they patch it.

Message 4 of 7 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Its ridiculous , im uncovering that SONY actually covered up the censorship prior to release so even if people looked it up they wouldnt have been told the truth. I am feeling more and more cheated as i look into this. Please take a look at my updated OP if you havent already.
Message 5 of 7 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
394 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Yip, gamers have been trying to get an answer for awhile now but it seems they are hoping people just forget. I have gotten used to the censored online by now but it's still very disheartening that Sony was so sneaky about this by saying it was uncensored and not saying they were just referrig to the single player. 

If people push enough I think the UK could get uncensored or all of the EU except Germany of course but nobody is going on about this anymore.

photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 6 of 7 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
30 posts

Jul 26, 2013

This issue is typically owing to Germany having much stricter rules about violence and gore compared to the rest of the world. This overcompensating means that when Sony prints the European discs everyone over there gets a  neutered version. Personally, I would just always import any mature rated game overseas if I spoke the same language.

Message 7 of 7 (213 Views)
0 Likes