Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 15 2013
By: dubbbbbbmented Splicer 70 posts

I hate to say it but...

[ Edited ]
7 replies 402 views Edited Jun 15, 2013

This game is fantastic no doubt, but masterpiece ? A bit of a stretch...
because the friendly AI is extremeley BAD... yes there's been multiple threads and arguments about this.

But now that everyone (mostly) has it now, we can see for ourselves. When sneaking around a bunch of clickers with your AI, it's extrmeley immersion breaking... I'm trying to play as stealth and releastic as possible and all I see in the corner of my screen is Tess buggin out sprinting all over the place not alerting the Clickers..

Sorry but this takes massive points off.. a 8/10 - 9/10 .. seems reasonable. 

Thoughts ??

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: I hate to say it but...

Jun 15, 2013

With the problem you mentioned, iwill still give it 10/10

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 15, 2013
10/10 meaning PERFECT. I would of personally loved to give it that, but I can't with this bugged out friendly AI..
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2864 posts

Jun 15, 2013
They are sneakier than you think. They're in front of you now, can you see them?

2544133150[1].png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (368 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 15, 2013

The friendly AI  is not bad. Does it break the immersion? Yes. But it's not bad. Ellie helps me out a lot in combat.

And why should the player be punished because the AI made a mistake?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (352 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 15, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

The friendly AI  is not bad. Does it break the immersion? Yes. But it's not bad. Ellie helps me out a lot in combat.

And why should the player be punished because the AI made a mistake?

Yes.. I agree, I like that they chose to not punish you for your friendly AI doing something stupid. BUT if they're going to do that.. The AI needs to be smart. Most of the time they do find a good bit of cover to hide behind, not other times they're running circles around a clicker/hunter etc.. and It's ridiculous.

Other than that I feel like I'm in the **bleep** Walking Dead, Loving this game!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I do agree with you, it does damage the feel of it when you have tess run around near a clicker. However, you will find that they do sometimes alert them as they should, which gives the realism back, but also takes away the AI intelligence regarding Tess... To be honest, I've played a fair bit of the game, and it's only really been Tess that has been so stupid for me. 

Nonetheless, this game still has the most intelligent AI I have come across yet. There are a few faults in the game here and there, and we did have that Autosave glitch yesterday, which I was a victim to, and yet I chose to continue playing into the game, risking losing all my progress (which I did). Luckily the game is that good, I am happily replaying all that I played through yesterday again now. The flaws in the game are few and some minor. The odd graphical error here and there. But honestly, I still give it **bleep** high marks. I'd probably give it a 99/100 marking really. Just that 1 for the AI. The graphics are still superior to any other game I've played as of yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jun 15, 2013

If they did not have the friendly AI, we'd all be complaining about how Tess or Ellie are breaking into our stealth attempts. We would always have something missing. I'd rather have an opportunity at stealthy gameplay than a fully immersed experience - this is just me. I don't think they'd have developed the AI to be intelligent enough to remain extremely stealthy and still not break our experience.

Even with the way they are, I sometimes get bugged when the AI just comes and mashes into my charecter or when I can't see clearly with them hanging around. It does seem funny though that Ellie can literally run through 50 cal gunshots without so much as an aah! Lol, I loled when I saw that happen :smileyhappy: Still a 10/10 nevertheless from me.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (305 Views)
0 Likes