Jun 21 2013
By: Aqueous12 First Son 7 posts

I just noticed something (SPOILERS)

16 replies 1010 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

So I started watching a Let's Play of the TLOU, and the guy pointed out that Sarah has a giant stuffed giraffe in her room.  Having just finished the singleplayer, and seen the whole giraffe scene, this makes this realization somehow sweet, but very very sad. I don't know why it, but it somehow makes the whole 'Ellie as a replacement for Sarah' relationship with Joel that much more touching.  

This definitely makes me want to play through the campaign again, I hope there are plenty of other subtle little things like that to notice.  Does anybody know of anything else like this (not just silly easter eggs, but things with story implications)?

Message 1 of 17 (1,010 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Re: I just noticed something (SPOILERS)

Jun 21, 2013

It's the little stuff. I once saw a small warning sign in the sewer that had a pretty good resolution texture. That made me realize how amazing this game is.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 2 of 17 (997 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1923 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Wow i noticed that the second the girl got shot..  archtypes are fun 

Message 3 of 17 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Probably obvious, but Sarah has a Dawn of the Wolf poster in her room and later in the game when Ellie asks who dragged you out to see Dawn of the Wolf part 2 he just mumbles "I don't know."

Also the picture of Joel and Sarah with the soccer trophy that Tommy and eventually Ellie give to Joel is visible in Sarah's bedroom
Message 4 of 17 (963 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Wow nice noticing :smileyhappy: . And like the other guy said, it's the little things. One thing I noticed was that when you first got the bow in Bill's Town (pretty early in the game) Ellie says something like "Hey you should give me that bow, I have a pretty good shot with that thing." And when it hits Winter (very late in the game) Ellie is seen with a main weapon, her bow and she is pretty good at it :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 17 (942 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Also with that picture of Jole and Sarah in the soccer picture. Ellie played soccer with Sam in the sewer in the campaign as well.
Message 6 of 17 (896 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Some are super obvious and some are subtle.

In one of the cinematics when they are looking at the view of the capital building. And Ellie and Joel are speaking to each other, Ellie starts to walk away and Joel Looks at his watch and rubs it (The watch Sarah Gave him).

Oh and before that, in Joels Room Ellie walks by and says your watch is broken, and if you remember right, Joel was always complaining about his broken watch and that is Why Sarah bought him that one.

When Sarah is dying he hugs her and calls her Baby Girl, and when he finds Ellie killing David he hugs her calls her Baby Girl.

And probably the most obvious, the full circle ending. Joel Carrying Ellie through the danger trying to save her life just as he did with Sarah.

I love all of the tiny little subtle connections they put throughout this game. Just beautifully done.
Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Message 7 of 17 (813 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jul 15, 2013
And at the end when he says "Ive struggled a long time with surviving" He reaches over and rubs his watch. Forgot about that one too!
Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Message 8 of 17 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2754 posts

Jul 15, 2013

So what, my little sister has a stuffed giraffe in her room to, and a lion, and a dog.  They ran into dogs in the last of us to.  So sad :smileysad:

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 9 of 17 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2754 posts

Jul 15, 2013

And did you see when ellie sotle the toy for tyrone?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 10 of 17 (584 Views)
0 Likes