Dec 23 2013
By: TotalSNAFU Wastelander 883 posts

I think I realized something about Ellie's. (Don't read if you haven't beaten it)

6 replies 465 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

I just want to say I got this game a week ago and thoroughly To those who beaten the game, remember when Ellie bites David and claims that he's infected now.  If what she said is true, would it have been the traditional infection or would it have been the immunity?  If its the immunity, then she really didn't have to go through the surgery.

"Now you'll see what will be blinded eyes to see."

Get your Portable ID!

"Now you'll see what will be, blinded eyes to see."
Message 1 of 7 (465 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Re: I think I realized something about Ellie's. (Don't read if you haven't beaten it)

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013

It wouldnt have been the immunity. Immunity doesnt work like that. Though i have been wondering if Ellie is a asymptomatic carrier, we have no reason to believe she isnt. Could be like in 28 Weeks later; kid gets bit, kid is immune, kid escapes to France, 28 days later France is overrun.

Message 2 of 7 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: I think I realized something about Ellie's. (Don't read if you haven't beaten it)

Dec 23, 2013

That's a good question actually, but i think that Ellie was lying to David when she said that now he was infected, probably just said that as a distraction to escape.

Maybe we'll get some more insight on Ellie's infection on the Left Behind Dlc?

Message 3 of 7 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Dec 23, 2013
She did say it as a distraction, at the time. Thing is neither her nor David actually knew if there was indeed a chance he was infected, and he doesnt last long enough for us to find out.
Message 4 of 7 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, i'm kinda curious myself as for what would have happened if David had stayed alive long enough for him to turn or whatever.

Guess we'll never have a definitive answer.

Message 5 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

Dec 24, 2013
At the hospital they said she was immune because it was the cordyceps itself that mutated. I'll admit I don't have much knowledge in biology but if the mutated strain can spread the same way could it mean that David really had nothing to worry about.
"Now you'll see what will be blinded eyes to see."

Get your Portable ID!

"Now you'll see what will be, blinded eyes to see."
Message 6 of 7 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Dec 27, 2013
This has been discussed before & we don't really have a definitive answer to this.
IMO, She her mutated cordyceps is not contagious and she merely lied to David to make him think about it. Only opinion though.
Message 7 of 7 (290 Views)
0 Likes