Dec 23 2013
By: XxbulletkillaxX Lombax Warrior 154 posts

I've lost my respect for the last of us…...

43 replies 1814 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

After watching the movie The Road (Its on netflix) I noticed that almost every idea on how they showed there being an apocalypse and how morality is in question here, has been stolen from them. I originally respected them for being original and taking a new angle on the zombie apoc, but it was all a copy....... I resent the fact that I bought the last of us now....... (they even stole cutscenes, collecting random objects from the past, and even the relationship angle that I thought would have been hard to form was stolen........) 

Message 1 of 44 (1,814 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: I've lost my respect for the last of us…...

Dec 23, 2013
The only difference is the fact that the last of us did a worse job at portraying the brutality of the land scape, they changed the colors of the game as well.
Message 2 of 44 (1,809 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Dec 23, 2013

I've lost my respect for you......

NNID&PSN: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 3 of 44 (1,801 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Dec 23, 2013
look at both of the main characters of The Roads faces, then be silent.
Message 4 of 44 (1,797 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Dec 24, 2013

How can you say that it was 'all' a copy? That's ridiculous. Naughty Dog have admitted to TLOU drawing inspiration from The Road, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Artists would refer to it as an 'appropriation', meaning they're taking a number of aspects from The Road and just putting their own unique spin to it, and they did a great job of that too. The Road is extremely dark and depressing, it's a more realistic take on an Apocalyptic scenario. Whereas The Last of Us is more about the beauty of the world in the absence of humans constantly polluting it, and they actually created their own catalyst to lead to the apocalypse, the cordyceps fungus that affects humans.

I can understand you comparing Joel and Ellie to the boy and his father, but again much like that last point I made, Naughty Dog have reinterpreted them to a more modern and relatable pair of characters.

It's unfair of you to say that collecting random objects from the past is a concept that belongs entirely to The Road, it doesn't make any sense. That's like saying The Last of Us ripped off Call of Duty because it has guns in it. The other day I found an old toy from my childhood, does that mean I'm stealing from The Road somehow?

You seriously resent purchasing the Last of Us because it's similar to The Road? Go ahead and trade it in then, pehaps someone else more deserving might pick it up.

Message 5 of 44 (1,758 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

How can you say that it was 'all' a copy? That's ridiculous. Naughty Dog have admitted to TLOU drawing inspiration from The Road, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Artists would refer to it as an 'appropriation', meaning they're taking a number of aspects from The Road and just putting their own unique spin to it, and they did a great job of that too. The Road is extremely dark and depressing, it's a more realistic take on an Apocalyptic scenario. Whereas The Last of Us is more about the beauty of the world in the absence of humans constantly polluting it, and they actually created their own catalyst to lead to the apocalypse, the cordyceps fungus that affects humans.

I can understand you comparing Joel and Ellie to the boy and his father, but again much like that last point I made, Naughty Dog have reinterpreted them to a more modern and relatable pair of characters.

It's unfair of you to say that collecting random objects from the past is a concept that belongs entirely to The Road, it doesn't make any sense. That's like saying The Last of Us ripped off Call of Duty because it has guns in it. The other day I found an old toy from my childhood, does that mean I'm stealing from The Road somehow?

You seriously resent purchasing the Last of Us because it's similar to The Road? Go ahead and trade it in then, pehaps someone else more deserving might pick it up.

Dude lol you totally owned him of what to you said.

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 6 of 44 (1,725 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Its not the fact that they took insperation from it, its the fact that every problem that they would have had making a game like this game, from thinking of the theme to when was it bets to intorduce the canibal (hunter) was solved for them, so what was left was easy to do. I have lost my respect for them having thought of their own some what good theme. They didn't even understand the ending of the movie, the boy was going to be eatin by the family. The story for The Road did an even better job at protraying everything, and the bond was much stronger between the both of the main characters.

Message 7 of 44 (1,653 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2013

XxbulletkillaxX wrote:

Its not the fact that they took insperation from it, its the fact that every problem that they would have had making a game like this game, from thinking of the theme to when was it bets to intorduce the canibal (hunter) was solved for them, so what was left was easy to do. I have lost my respect for them having thought of their own some what good theme. They didn't even understand the ending of the movie, the boy was going to be eatin by the family. The story for The Road did an even better job at protraying everything, and the bond was much stronger between the both of the main characters.

You don't think a Father and Son relationship would be stronger than a dude who just wants weapons back and a teenage girl that comes off as annoying to him? It's the end of 2013, most things have been thought up of. TLOU also used the fungus that exists in real life, are they taking the easy way out on that as well? TLOU also uses zombie like creatures, are they copying The Walking Dead that "copied" them from Left 4 Dead that copied them from a million other games or anything media to do with eating flesh creatures? The Road couldn't do a better job at things TLOU did becuase TLOU was meant  to be different. You're contradicting yourself if you're complaining about them copying The Road but then saying TLOU didn't do good enough at copying. Please. Stop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 8 of 44 (1,644 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Dec 24, 2013
all the changes were removed man, all of them, the challenges of building relationship were removed, as they have copied how they over came them situation wise.
Message 9 of 44 (1,640 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Dec 24, 2013
You have made like 2-3 threads on the same redundant, topic. You must have some issues man. The Last of WAS in inspired by The Road as said by ND. The fact that you are flipping your shi* because there are similarities shows how you understand nothing about what makes something orginal. Here is a little piece of info: almost nothing we see today is completely original.
Message 10 of 44 (1,631 Views)