Welcoming Committee
13779 posts

Re: IGN live stream test?

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Heh.. I have no intention of buying a XBOX no matter what they do.

I've learnt my lesson after all the trouble I had with faulty systems.

It helps that they lost Bungie too. Makes my decision so much easier considering Halo is garbage without them.

Sure they have Forza and Gears... But the system reliablity. I'm not going to trust them after 14 system failures compared to my PS3 experience being at 1.

If I was ever a fan it was my loyalty to Microsoft. But they screwed me over so many times that I just figured, eh, I can do without Halo 3 and just have a system that works.

I'm staying with Sony. I don't want both systems. I don't trust Microsoft game consoles at all. I'm more likely to own a Wii U again than buy a new Microsoft console. You know? Nintendo haven't given me faulty products either... So.. yeah. It's just the games are a real let down at the moment.

Message 21 of 28 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 15, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

It helps that they lost Bungie too. Makes my decision so much easier considering Halo is garbage without them.

Sure they have Forza and Gears... But the system reliablity. I'm not going to trust them after 14 system failures compared to my PS3 experience being at 1.

If I was ever a fan it was my loyalty to Microsoft. But they screwed me over so many times that I just figured, eh, I can do without Halo 3 and just have a system that works.

I'm staying with Sony. I don't want both systems. I don't trust Microsoft game consoles at all. I'm more likely to own a Wii U again than buy a new Microsoft console. You know? Nintendo haven't given me faulty products either... So.. yeah. It's just the games are a real let down at the moment.

I have a wii, I like the system, but the games are not really my cup of tea, I like zelda though, I have zelda twilight princess, and I want to buy skyward sword but I heard it needs an add-on on the controller, that kinda sucks...

anyway, did your xbox360 break 14 times!? I would have not bhought a new one or let it fixed after the third time :smileywink:

Message 22 of 28 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13779 posts

May 15, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I have a wii, I like the system, but the games are not really my cup of tea, I like zelda though, I have zelda twilight princess, and I want to buy skyward sword but I heard it needs an add-on on the controller, that kinda sucks...

anyway, did your xbox360 break 14 times!? I would have not bhought a new one or let it fixed after the third time :smileywink:

After the 2nd time they started saying it was my fault. It wasn't... Yep 14 times... I really like Halo 3... So I always wanted a 360. But after all that time and over $2000 spent.. I gave up.. I'm not spending anymore on something that obviously wont work.

I have the original Wii, but I use it for gamecube games considering I have the right cables to play in slightly better quality than the gamecube I have.

I did have the Wii-U, but I got annoyed with the lack of games for it so I just traded it while the value was still high. Still I'd get another one if some decent stuff does come out for it.

Mario Kart... That is all I want.

Message 23 of 28 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 15, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

After the 2nd time they started saying it was my fault. It wasn't... Yep 14 times... I really like Halo 3... So I always wanted a 360. But after all that time and over $2000 spent.. I gave up.. I'm not spending anymore on something that obviously wont work.

I have the original Wii, but I use it for gamecube games considering I have the right cables to play in slightly better quality than the gamecube I have.

I did have the Wii-U, but I got annoyed with the lack of games for it so I just traded it while the value was still high. Still I'd get another one if some decent stuff does come out for it.

2000 dollar, I feel sorry for you :smileysad:

I only had to buy a ps3 once again, it worked for 5 years, but it froze a lot of times during UC3 and one of those times it killed the blu-ray player, I could still play digital games, but of course I had to buy a new ps3 because I have 30 games on disc and only 1 digital game which is LittleBigPlanet (I had that one on disc but gave it away) of course from the no PSN for a month issue, my ps2 still works pretty good after 10 years, quality stuff :smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 28 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13779 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I only had to buy a ps3 once again, it worked for 5 years, but it froze a lot of times during UC3 and one of those times it killed the blu-ray player, I could still play digital games, but of course I had to buy a new ps3 because I have 30 games on disc and only 1 digital game which is LittleBigPlanet (I had that one on disc but gave it away) of course from the no PSN for a month issue, my ps2 still works pretty good after 10 years, quality stuff :smileyhappy:

My Blu Ray drive died too....

My Dreamcast still works, my PS2 still works. Hell my NES still works.

in comparison to those even the PS3 is shoddy hardware with it's one death in a few years. Especially the NES, that thing I would have expected to die way over 10 years ago.

My original XBOX doesn't work very well. It kinda half works... Keeps freezing mid games... Microsoft and consoles... LOL Never working. I suppose I could excuse that one though considering I've had it since launch day and it's only started doing that crap this year.

Message 25 of 28 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 15, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

My Blu Ray drive died too....

My Dreamcast still works, my PS2 still works. Hell my NES still works.

in comparison to those even the PS3 is shoddy hardware with it's one death in a few years. Especially the NES, that thing I would have expected to die way over 10 years ago.

I think in my case it's also the ammount of time I used it, I play a lot more now on my ps3 than I did in the past on my ps2, I think that's part of the problem :smileywink:

Message 26 of 28 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

May 15, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:
Well they are going to live stream the new Xbox reveal on the 21st.

I'm looking forward to that, hopefully it's so bad that I don't have to worry about buying 2 next gen consoles, the xbox360 had not a single game I wanted to play that I couldn't play on my ps3, hopefully it will be the same with the ps4 and next xbox, whatever it will be called, sony said the ps4 will be all about games, while microsoft is going more to the entertainment box side, a box that owns the living room for movies, television, internet en occasionally a game, hopefully those rumours are true...

Hmm, I'm not a fan of Xbox in anyway but I think it's essential that Xbox comes up with great innovative things which makes people want to buy it. Competition between Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft should be tough. This way the companies will do their best to maintain quality and be innovative instead of being lazy and arrogant because you're too confident that people will buy your product. **cough Call of Duty cough** **cough Apple cough**

I don't know, it's true of course, but look at the ps3 this year, the ps4 is coming and still there are exclusives this year for the ps3, The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls, while the xbox 360 or wii has not (as far as I know) a single exclusive this year, Sony has on a competetion standpoint not a single reason to still make exclusives for the ps3, of course every company is all about money, but if I look at the Playstation team from Sony I have a feeling they also care for the products they make, something I can't say about microsoft's xbox, take the PS4 reveal event last february, the lead architect speaks with such passion about what he has made and his team, it's wonderful to see that, Mark Cerny is that btw, he worked also on crash, jak and daxter and ratchet and clank (more platformers in the future, hooray!, he is also working on Knack, also a platformer, which looks good in my eyes, not an AAA title though, but still worth buying I think), anyway, I think the PS4 is with Mark Cerny in good hands, but indeed like you said, there has to be some competition, else Sony could become a little lazy with the exclusives, and I don't want that, I love exclusives, it's interesting that for the PS2 I don't have bhought any exclusives, but for the PS3 my games are mostly exclusives, pretty funny, don't know what the reason for it is though :smileytongue:

Yeah you're right about Marky Cerny he seems like a great guy he has a history with Sony and knows what he's doing. I hope PS4 will offer some great platforming games just like the old PS1 and PS2 days(Knack sure looks promising.) This gen sure lacked them, it seems like everyone is just trying to copy CoD and hope they'll get just as succesfull as them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 27 of 28 (77 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:
Well they are going to live stream the new Xbox reveal on the 21st.

I'm looking forward to that, hopefully it's so bad that I don't have to worry about buying 2 next gen consoles, the xbox360 had not a single game I wanted to play that I couldn't play on my ps3, hopefully it will be the same with the ps4 and next xbox, whatever it will be called, sony said the ps4 will be all about games, while microsoft is going more to the entertainment box side, a box that owns the living room for movies, television, internet en occasionally a game, hopefully those rumours are true...

Hmm, I'm not a fan of Xbox in anyway but I think it's essential that Xbox comes up with great innovative things which makes people want to buy it. Competition between Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft should be tough. This way the companies will do their best to maintain quality and be innovative instead of being lazy and arrogant because you're too confident that people will buy your product. **cough Call of Duty cough** **cough Apple cough**

I don't know, it's true of course, but look at the ps3 this year, the ps4 is coming and still there are exclusives this year for the ps3, The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls, while the xbox 360 or wii has not (as far as I know) a single exclusive this year, Sony has on a competetion standpoint not a single reason to still make exclusives for the ps3, of course every company is all about money, but if I look at the Playstation team from Sony I have a feeling they also care for the products they make, something I can't say about microsoft's xbox, take the PS4 reveal event last february, the lead architect speaks with such passion about what he has made and his team, it's wonderful to see that, Mark Cerny is that btw, he worked also on crash, jak and daxter and ratchet and clank (more platformers in the future, hooray!, he is also working on Knack, also a platformer, which looks good in my eyes, not an AAA title though, but still worth buying I think), anyway, I think the PS4 is with Mark Cerny in good hands, but indeed like you said, there has to be some competition, else Sony could become a little lazy with the exclusives, and I don't want that, I love exclusives, it's interesting that for the PS2 I don't have bhought any exclusives, but for the PS3 my games are mostly exclusives, pretty funny, don't know what the reason for it is though :smileytongue:

Yeah you're right about Marky Cerny he seems like a great guy he has a history with Sony and knows what he's doing. I hope PS4 will offer some great platforming games just like the old PS1 and PS2 days(Knack sure looks promising.) This gen sure lacked them, it seems like everyone is just trying to copy CoD and hope they'll get just as succesfull as them.

yeah, way to many CoD wannabees this gen, hopefully that will change next gen, anyway, just heard that Gran Turismo 6 is coming to ps3 this year, it won't be on ps4, so that's 3 exclusives this year for ps3, pretty impressive :smileyhappy:

although I do think it's a little stupid, I mean Gran Turismo is pretty popular and could help them sell PS4's, I think it was better if they made it for PS4, a well, it's not really my cup of tea so I don't mind :smileywink:

Message 28 of 28 (44 Views)
0 Likes