Reply
May 30 2013
By: Bromandudebro First Son 2 posts
Offline

If I download this of psn can I use it on different consoles and accounts?

5 replies 200 views Edited May 30, 2013

I am not talking about sharing my profile with random friends, but me and my buddy who lives with me each have ps3 consoles and it would be nice if we could each play the game in without having to purchase it twice. I know with ps+ you can share games as long as your main profile is on both consoles.

Message 1 of 6 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: If I download this of psn can I use it on different consoles and accounts?

May 30, 2013

Yes, you can:

 

http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2006/10/71982

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 6 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/23/2010
Offline
529 posts
 

Re: If I download this of psn can I use it on different consoles and accounts?

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Bromandudebro wrote:

I am not talking about sharing my profile with random friends, but me and my buddy who lives with me each have ps3 consoles and it would be nice if we could each play the game in without having to purchase it twice. I know with ps+ you can share games as long as your main profile is on both consoles.


Yes, but now its only 2 consoles, and not 5 as the article from tapa post says. So if its just you and your friend, you will be fine. :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 6 (152 Views)
First Son
Registered: 05/30/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: If I download this of psn can I use it on different consoles and accounts?

May 30, 2013

Thanks for clearing it up for me :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 6 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/14/2013
Offline
107 posts
 

Re: If I download this of psn can I use it on different consoles and accounts?

May 30, 2013

Stefdk wrote:

Bromandudebro wrote:

I am not talking about sharing my profile with random friends, but me and my buddy who lives with me each have ps3 consoles and it would be nice if we could each play the game in without having to purchase it twice. I know with ps+ you can share games as long as your main profile is on both consoles.


Yes, but now its only 2 consoles, and not 5 as the article from tapa post says. So if its just you and your friend, you will be fine. :smileyhappy:


Sometimes with demos, there is actually no limit. That's what happened with the UC3 subway demo, and everyone was spreading accounts on the internet.

Message 5 of 6 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/23/2010
Offline
529 posts
 

Re: If I download this of psn can I use it on different consoles and accounts?

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

BO2TLOU wrote:

Stefdk wrote:

Bromandudebro wrote:

I am not talking about sharing my profile with random friends, but me and my buddy who lives with me each have ps3 consoles and it would be nice if we could each play the game in without having to purchase it twice. I know with ps+ you can share games as long as your main profile is on both consoles.


Yes, but now its only 2 consoles, and not 5 as the article from tapa post says. So if its just you and your friend, you will be fine. :smileyhappy:


Sometimes with demos, there is actually no limit. That's what happened with the UC3 subway demo, and everyone was spreading accounts on the internet.


Yep, I did that myself.. But I believe he is talking about the game, and not the demo. :smileyhappy:

If I remember, the new rule from 5 accounts to 2 accounts was activated in november 2011

Edit again> http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-p... 

So that was after the Subway multiplayer beta.

 

Message 6 of 6 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes