Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 02 2013
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 631 posts

If It's One Thing The Last of Us Managed to Do Well It's...

3 replies 176 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

...Turning every gamer and their mamas into 'philosiphers'. From discussions about the infamous giraffe scene to the meaning of 'Us' in the game's title. For the most part, it just all seems so superficial coming from some gamers (nobody here in particular). I mean, I never thought I'd see a group of Call of Duty fanboys discuss the beauty of giraffes.

What say you guys?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: If It's One Thing The Last of Us Managed to Do Well It's...

Jul 2, 2013

Only thing I enjoy about CoD is that you can let off all kinds of stress if you don't take it seriously... yeah, the community of theirs might suck, but it appeals to a certain group more than it does to others, it won't change...

On-Topic: Nice discovery. The Last of Us is actually first game I have seen to do so, yeah. All because of a remarkable story in video gaming. I'm amazed if this does not win GOTY, honestly... No matter that there has been excellent games like BioShock Infinite released already, and hyped games like GTA V and Watch Dogs yet to arrive. I don't think none of them can match/match the story/emotionality of TLoU.

No, I have not played BioShock Infinite, but if it is better than BioShock 2, like many say, which in turn made me have certain manless tears also in the end, it is truly a worthwhile contender for GOTY.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 2, 2013
I think it will be a sad day in the gaming world if this game does not win GOTY. I have never played a game where ppl sit around afterwards and discuss the merits of the decisions that the main characters make in the game. Although Gamespot is my favorite review site they did this game a disservice and even then somehow they dont seem to even think its odd or mention the fact that they have actually sat down themselves and discussed the merits of the story.....I have never seen them do that with any other game.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

semper_fi_1999 wrote:
I think it will be a sad day in the gaming world if this game does not win GOTY. I have never played a game where ppl sit around afterwards and discuss the merits of the decisions that the main characters make in the game. Although Gamespot is my favorite review site they did this game a disservice and even then somehow they dont seem to even think its odd or mention the fact that they have actually sat down themselves and discussed the merits of the story.....I have never seen them do that with any other game.

(Never watched the VGA's so don't judge if I am wrong, reason I put this sentence is marked with asterisk [*])

Luckily it isn't a public vote* but judges' decision, because then the morons from PC/Xbox gamers (not attempting to stereotype, just those who act like 7 year olds and are in their 20's living in their mom's basements, with no other life than games) come and vote something else than a PS3 exclusive...

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes