Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Re: In Naughty Dog we trust!! (Sales & Infos)

May 25, 2013
Welcome to the horror genre, it sounds like you're not going to enjoy it here.
Message 11 of 33 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3479 posts

May 25, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Like any set of characters/locations that haven't been used in the first game. There would be plenty of stories to tell from around the globe, with people in differing situations.

story's about what, the one and only problem with The Last of Us is, is that there is no plot, we have this infection spreading, but the game is not about what caused it, and neither it is about how to cure people and stop people from getting infected, this is just a story about a hardened survivor and a young girl escaping from a quarantine zone because they obviously don't like the military controlling them, sure it is nice to see the characters seeing building that relationship, and it's a lovely concept, but it only works for 1 game, give me something concrete for a story for a sequel, the only thing I can imagine is 2 new characters getting to survive and getting to like each other while doing so, the game has simply no plot, Uncharted can have sequels, because there are new story's to tell, new myths to explore, new secrets to uncover, new characters for the protagonist to meet, and Naughty Dog already said that if they do a new game, Joel and Ellie won't be in it, also there are new villains for in Uncharted, while The Last of Us has no villains, I really fail to see how a sequel would fit The Last of Us in your opinion...

Message 12 of 33 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 25, 2013
Yeah man it's a stealth "survival" shooter. Ppl are suppose to die.
Message 13 of 33 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

May 25, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:
Like any set of characters/locations that haven't been used in the first game. There would be plenty of stories to tell from around the globe, with people in differing situations.

story's about what, the one and only problem with The Last of Us is, is that there is no plot, we have this infection spreading, but the game is not about what caused it, and neither it is about how to cure people and stop people from getting infected, this is just a story about a hardened survivor and a young girl escaping from a quarantine zone because they obviously don't like the military controlling them, sure it is nice to see the characters seeing building that relationship, and it's a lovely concept, but it only works for 1 game, give me something concrete for a story for a sequel, the only thing I can imagine is 2 new characters getting to survive and getting to like each other while doing so, the game has simply no plot, Uncharted can have sequels, because there are new story's to tell, new myths to explore, new secrets to uncover, new characters for the protagonist to meet, and Naughty Dog already said that if they do a new game, Joel and Ellie won't be in it, also there are new villains for in Uncharted, while The Last of Us has no villains, I really fail to see how a sequel would fit The Last of Us in your opinion...

Dude I can barely read that post, please put some effort in to structuring your sentences properly and this could be easier on everyone.

I don't have anything concrete because ideas for stories are generated by a room full of talented writers over the course of weeks or more. See, the reason you can't think of an idea for a sequel is because you're not a talented writer like the folks at Naughty Dog. When TLoU makes lots of money and Sony ask them to make a sequel, they will come up with something brilliant. And I'll quote your post so that you can see you were wrong. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 33 (150 Views)
Sackboy
498 posts

May 25, 2013
Yeah dude to say the "the last of us" has no plot is asinine. So you like to play games with no plot? The game hasn't come out yet & you spew nonsense complaining there's no plot. Naughty Dog can do a prequel showing how the virus got to America. There could very much be a sequel with new characters as well. So just chill, enjoy the **bleep** game.
Message 15 of 33 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10988 posts

May 25, 2013
I know the ending to TLOU 2.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 16 of 33 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

May 25, 2013
omg spoilarz akyem dun do dat
Message 17 of 33 (122 Views)
Sackboy
498 posts

May 25, 2013
You've seen the "names of the cut scenes" too? **bleep** lol
Message 18 of 33 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

A Sequel depends on many factors.

Who are the infected? Why are they infected? Can it progress further past the current contamination?

I mean we know why... But why beyond that first why?

Are there motives beyond just survival?

If it's just a case of survive and move on.. Then no sequel unless it's just new people.

If you can answer the above progressively with expansion then a sequel is easily possible.

Message 19 of 33 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3479 posts

May 25, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

Dude I can barely read that post, please put some effort in to structuring your sentences properly and this could be easier on everyone.

I don't have anything concrete because ideas for stories are generated by a room full of talented writers over the course of weeks or more. See, the reason you can't think of an idea for a sequel is because you're not a talented writer like the folks at Naughty Dog. When TLoU makes lots of money and Sony ask them to make a sequel, they will come up with something brilliant. And I'll quote your post so that you can see you were wrong. Smiley Happy

indeed horrible sentences, sorry for that, I never use dots, let's use them more, and some entes should help too.

I'm indeed not a talented writer, but I can think of a few ideas to go with Uncharted for sequels, while I have no idea how a sequel (I'm just talking about story here, gameplay is another matter) to The Last of Us has anything to add to a story like we have in the first The Last of Us.

and to the person who says I am bashing The Last of Us for no reason by saying it has not plot, Naughty Dog themselves said that this game is not about how the infection spreaded, or how it will get solved, if it even gets solved, this game is all about the relationship between Joel and Ellie and other characters (Tess, Bill, and so on...), it has no plot, it's not like Uncharted where they are after a certain thing and the story takes twists and turns, while in The Last of Us, their goal is to survive, they are not out for a cure, not looking to solve this problem, just survive, there is not plot, and there is nothing wrong with that, I'm not bashing The Last of Us, all I am saying is that it leaves no room for a sequel...

Message 20 of 33 (94 Views)
0 Likes