Fender Bender
2840 posts

Re: In Naughty Dog we trust!! (Sales & Infos)

May 25, 2013

Sch3ffs11 wrote:

Sorry, but are you kidding me? Do you know what the word plot means? But i just noticed someone has already informed you on that, now that we have the plot situation fixed I will skip ahead to my main point. Just off the top of my head:

Story Ideas for a sequel:

1.) A small group of survivors (4-8) moving across the states in search of a "safe Haven". During this journey you meet more people struggling and sometimes let them join or leave them behind. The relationships between the group members vary, some see eye to eye with you while others fight your every decision.

Betrayals from within along with attacks from the outside from human opposition lurk around every corner, and everywhere the infected haunt our steps. The good men will die along with the bad, only the strong will survive, Only the strong will make it to the Last of Us.

2.) A single man scavenges through an abandoned city, that has been ravaged and destroyed. Its only you, and the supplies you carry on your back, lets say the odds arnt exactly in your favor. So you begin to seek out "friends" in a world that seemingly lacks such a blessing. But after days of searching, you discover a group of hunters lurking in the shadows of the streets, waiting to prey on their next victim.

You approach cautiously, planning on a civilized conversation in an attempt at making peace and joining their ranks. And after some bruises and cuts the decision is finally made to accept this new recruit, now it is your duty to support and defend your fellow hunters by preying on the week and pitiful, to steal and scavenge supplies from the dead corpses of the recently deceased, and to eliminate the infected in YOUR city.

But after months of living with the evil a world of this sort creates, after murdering innocent travelers on the road, you begin to second guess motives, decisions, and the men at your side. You turn on them, by either killing or running, you escape the clutches of the hunters, only to run into someone you did not expect. A woman named Tess. And so continues the prequel to The Last of Us.

There are many  storys to tell in this world, only someone who lacks imagination would say there is nothing more to say after the first one. Now maybe this game would be better as a stand alone, But I like the concept and the universe Naughty Dog has managed to create, and thus I am open to the concept of a sequel/prequel.

scenario 1 is basically The Last of Us, only it's a larger group, in The Last of Us, Ellie and Bill don't like each other, Tess and Joel have a broken relationship, and probably a few characters will die, just the same scenario...

scenario 2 is just a shooter with an 'interesting' opening, what fun is just killing tourists while being in a large group, that's like going as a party of level 75 legacy 5 in Uncharted 3 against one free-2-play level 1, doesn't make for an interesting game does it?

I don't mean it mean, you may have your opinion, but I have mine, and don't insult me by saying 'you have a lack of imagination', I just don't see a really interesting way to make a sequel, I think this game is fine as a standalone game :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2840 posts

May 25, 2013

joelio13 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

joelio13 wrote:
I'm going to assume that you didn't do too great in English class and don't know the full meaning of "plot." The game definitely has a plot. This isn't a game like DayZ where it's all about survival, like you described, rather it's the story of Joel and Ellie as they make their way across the USA and form a bond over that period of time. Maybe what you are tring to say is that since TLOU is all about the story and relationship between two characters, not a globe trotting quest that carries over from game to game, like Uncharted, that there doesn't seem to be an overarching motive or theme that could set up the story for a new set of characters that wouldn't be the same as TLOU's plot but close enough to be able to call it a sequel.

yeah, English is indeed not my strong point, I was more of a physics, scrience and maths kinda guy, the only way I actually learned English (I had horrible teachers for English too, that didn't help either...), is by watching movies or playing games, or by coming here, and then you pick up words and you have an idea what it means, but maybe I'm totally wrong, for instance my interpretation of the word 'plot' is probably totally wrong...

I didn't mean it to offend you either, just so you know. But yeah, that may be the case.

it's fine, I know you mean well :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 33 (86 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Lol... No. Scenario one is not like The last of us 1. Scenario 1 is an idea taken from TWD The Game by TellTale games. Having a large group trying to find a place to survive is nothing like smuggling a girl out of a quarantine zone and to another survivor group across the US.

And Scenario 2 is not a shooter at all. It would be just as much killing and just as much character developement as TLOU1. I obviously was not going to write out a full story and script, i was just illustrating the different scenarios that could take place. Especially with Scenario 2, it is explained after the truck ambush that Joel was in fact part of a Hunters group, and met Tess after, so this would just be a prequel to TLOU1. Same feeling, same emotion, same character developement, just adding several new components, new characters, new story, and new relationships.

I was just giving you a simple example that there are plenty of plotlines to follow, I was not going to write out a full story and script so there is no way you can make the assumption that they are similar or just a shooter. Obviously if its TLOU it will be the same gameplay style and feeling just a new plot, very similar to uncharted.

Look at the Walking Dead. They have a story that is character driven that revolves around the main character Rick and his group. Very interesting, and then telltale created the video game of a seperate group struggling through the daily life of a post apocolyptic world in different ways. A new plot in the same universe, and it is even better than the comics.

To say that there is nothing else to tell in the last of us universe is kinda a spit in the face to Naughty Dog. Naughty Dog created a universe with soo much complexity, soo much character, and feeling and emotion, saying that there is nothing to say after telling one man and one girls story is saying they dont have the creativity to make something as beautiful yet scary as the first one.

And sorry for saying you lack imagination, and I do agree, this game is far better than anything else and could easily be a stand alone game. But that doesnt mean it has to be. I have faith in Naughty Dog, and if they decide to make a Prequel or Sequel I will buy it in a heartbeat because I know that they are the most creative studio and have what it takes to make an interesting and compelling story.

Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 33 (78 Views)