Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Infection's Spread and Humanity's Downfall.

May 16, 2013

Cmon, killing each other is what we do best. It's our specialty.  

Yeah, the infection has killed alot of people. But, like you said, it's has also inadvertently caused alot of deaths as well.  

Fear for their lives, which leads to suicide, ie. the couple in the tub.  

Fear of the infected kind of formed the Hunter faction. Men who want to survive by any means.  

Fear of the infection killing the human race, which lead to the last ditch effort bomb strikes.  

All comes down to fear at the end of the day.

I can't really blame them, if we were faced with the Cordecyps Infection or the world they live in, I doubt we'd be much different. 

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 11 of 22 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 16, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Cmon, killing each other is what we do best. It's our specialty.  

Yeah, the infection has killed alot of people. But, like you said, it's has also inadvertently caused alot of deaths as well.  

Fear for their lives, which leads to suicide, ie. the couple in the tub.  

Fear of the infected kind of formed the Hunter faction. Men who want to survive by any means.  

Fear of the infection killing the human race, which lead to the last ditch effort bomb strikes.  

All comes down to fear at the end of the day.

I can't really blame them, if we were faced with the Cordecyps Infection or the world they live in, I doubt we'd be much different. 

Yeah, exactly, fear. And in the end it all roots back to the infection, eventually causing humanity to revert to primal survival instincts. The people themselves I guess wouldn't be the ones to blame at all given the source of the pressure causing us to do these things.

It might sound dark but to answer another question in your op I hope that humanity does lose in the end. If it's a happy ending, as much as I want it to be, it would feel unrealistic to the kind of world I feel like ND trying to portray. This is the next step and our species might just be over with, the ones left are The Last of Us - No magical cure at the end pls ND.

Message 12 of 22 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

May 16, 2013

loakum wrote:

Well..it's obvious who's brilliant idea it was to bomb everywhere....The Republicans.  (and the Democrats just pu*sied out to them, as always..)

Dude don't bring politics in to this -_- even if it's for fun

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 13 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9591 posts

May 16, 2013
I've always wanted an ending in which all complicated stories, love stories, audience attachment to the characters to be arbitrarily obliterated by a random asteroid the size of Mars. Then the credits role. No closure.

Message 14 of 22 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

@dh0rmazine: Yeah exactly, I mean who doesn't want a happy ending. But, I don't see it happening, the Cordcyps infection is just too good. Like it's really awesome, how it works.  

But, yeah I don't see humaity coming through. As long as Ellie isn't the magic cure and her blood is the source of immunity. I'd break the disc right there. I wouldn't mind it as an alternate ending though, so I don't cry forever.  

Maybe in like 200 years all the infected will be the norm. Laughing about how they used to eat people. Buying coffee's and going on dates. UNTIL... 

The Aspergillis (Real Thing) infection broke out. And then it was up to Clickerita to save the day. 

You can have my idea ND, I know, I know it's really good. Just send me some royalties.   

D's always good for a nice discussion.

Message 15 of 22 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 16, 2013

Yems: I hope you never make it into media. 

You'd make the most touching game/film and then pan the camera towards the sky, seeing the sky go red. Fin.

Message 16 of 22 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9591 posts

May 16, 2013
The public outrage... I can see it now...

Message 17 of 22 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

ND didn't have the resources to create women, besides the ones we've seen. 

This game is gonna be a total sausage-fest. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 18 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

^ Lol.   

So if you fancy men, you're going to have a hell of a time.

Message 19 of 22 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

stentryk wrote:

loakum wrote:

Well..it's obvious who's brilliant idea it was to bomb everywhere....The Republicans.  (and the Democrats just pu*sied out to them, as always..)

Dude don't bring politics in to this -_- even if it's for fun

I can assure you what I said was just in jest (totally done for chuckles)...besides it was Obama who was president during the outbreak.....and the GOP had their 84th vote to defund ObamaCare hahahahahahahahahahah

tlou_image_1_5.jpg

Message 20 of 22 (52 Views)
0 Likes